It only took two days for...

I represent the electric co-op locally. Grid infrastructure is archaic except for local companies who have raised private funds, but the problem has been hashed, re-hashed and lobbied since at least the late 80's.

The research on the MN bridge incident indicates that the bridge was declared unfit in 1993. MN has been allocated federal dollars repeatedly since then and never chosen to make anything but spot upgrades to the bridge. This parasitic attack by the Dems in MN, in addition to being slimy, may also be a cover-up to their own short-sighted actions.

Does anyone here believe that the families of the victims should NOT consider legal action for recompense against the MN government?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluto
1993. MN has been allocated federal dollars repeatedly since then and never chosen to make anything but spot upgrades to the bridge.

Hmmmm.

Money given for vital repairs to infrastructure for MANY years.

Money NOT spent on those repairs.

Disaster happens.

That sounds familiar......could it be New Orleans & hurricane Katrina...?

Now let's see; both MN & LA (& the funds for repairs) have been controlled by WHICH political party for decades......? Hmmmm. Could it be the DEMOCRATIC party? Could THEY be responsible?

Nahhhh; It must be George Bush's fault.

Hmmmm.

Money given for vital repairs to infrastructure for MANY years.

Money NOT spent on those repairs.

Disaster happens.

That sounds familiar......could it be New Orleans & hurricane Katrina...?

Now let's see; both MN & LA (& the funds for repairs) have been controlled by WHICH political party for decades......? Hmmmm. Could it be the DEMOCRATIC party? Could THEY be responsible?

Nahhhh; It must be George Bush's fault.

Let's see, money given to bush for the Iraq war for years, ten billion per month and NO RESULTS....looks like none of our leaders are worth a hoot.

Guest Bluto
Wasting tax dollars is poor leadership regardless of the project or political party in charge of the funds.

Again, this thread is specifically about the collapse of an edifice and the subsequent politicization of that collapse.

Again, this thread is specifically about the collapse of an edifice and the subsequent politicization of that collapse.

Again, if funds were available for infrastructure updates and problems were know to exist but ignored, those in charge should pay with their political futures. Same for those responsible for Iraq.

Again you dodge the point.

Do you believe that the Democrats should use this tragedy for political points.

As I recall some on here were fairly critical of when OUR PRESIDENT even mentioned 9/11 during his re-election campaign. Are the Democrats now equally as reprehensible for politicizing this disaster and Katrina?

Iraq has nothing to do with answering this question.

Again you dodge the point.

Do you believe that the Democrats should use this tragedy for political points.

As I recall some on here were fairly critical of when OUR PRESIDENT even mentioned 9/11 during his re-election campaign. Are the Democrats now equally as reprehensible for politicizing this disaster?

Iraq has nothing to do with answering this question.

Doesn't matter if I think it's wrong or right for a political party to use war, terrorism, or disasters to score political points, they ALL do it. My point is poor leadership is poor leadership. If the voying public is repulsed by their decisions then we need to vote them all out of office. That seems to be the only thing that matters to them anyway.

Doesn't matter if I think it's wrong or right for a political party to use war, terrorism, or disasters to score political points, they ALL do it. My point is poor leadership is poor leadership. If the voying public is repulsed by their decisions then we need to vote them all out of office. That seems to be the only thing that matters to them anyway.

Good points...we seem to forget, sometimes, that regardless of what partyline we follow, the first and foremost priority for candidates running for office is to be elected. It is not just "the other guy/gal" doing it. It is both sides.

I just want to hear you or any other Democrat say that the leadership of the party is totally offbase with this.

My point is that everything that OUR PRESIDENT has done has been slammed by the Democrats while those of us that support him have been accused of burying our heads in the sand. Then anytime a Democrat does something tasteless or loathsome the mantra is they all do it. It certainly seems to me that when Republicans used that as logic behind OUR GOVRNOR'S actions we were soundly chastised.

I just want to hear you or any other Democrat say that the leadership of the party is totally offbase with this.

My point is that everything that OUR PRESIDENT has done has been slammed by the Democrats while those of us that support him have been accused of burying our heads in the sand. Then anytime a Democrat does something tasteless or loathsome the mantra is they all do it. It certainly seems to me that when Republicans used that as logic behind OUR GOVRNOR'S actions we were soundly chastised.

:thumb: :thumb:

Well said!

Amy Klobuchar is not in leadership of the Democratic party. Heck, she's not really even in the Democratic Party. She was just elected in 2006 on the Democrat/Farmers Labor ticket.

Harry Reid is..

See post 11

I don't solely blame Bush for problems with our infrastructure, but he has certainly done nothing to help it over the past 6 years. Yet he seems to be investing quite a bit of money into the infrastructure of Iraq.