Broken Arm during 1st day of contact for Bluto, Jr.

Guest Bluto

Sorry to hear, Bluto. But, he'll heal, and be back in the game in no time! Just make sure he keeps doing as much as possible to keep in shape. The less he has to make up, the quicker he'll be able to return.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great way for us to start the season...5 hours in the emergency room.... :irked:

He is a freshman, and was looking forward to starting his high school career on the field, not the sidelines....

I guess this is one of the "life-lessons" that football can teach you!

Almost exact same way that I started my high school career. Compound fracture of my ring finger kept me out for awhile. I hope that your son has a very speedy recovery.

Clean break near the wrist, right at the "growth plate", so we gotta be careful.
Sounds like a typical Type II fracture. It's common and they generally heal well. I don't think you should have any worries. However, listen to your doctor before you listen to me. :D

Know how you feel. Our son broke his wrist during dead period his freshman year. He was pretty upset, actually tried to convince us that it really wasn't broken. He was in a cast for six weeks and then when the cast came off they gave him another cast type thing to slip on his arm for practice and games. It worked out fine. He didn't miss too many freshman games.

Henry521 - I kind of remember how junior broke his wrist. Was it football related or was it something else? Didn't something kind of flip over on him? By the way, weren't two of my boys with him when that happened? It's all starting to come back now...

Bluto - A life lesson indeed. After sitting on the sidelines for awhile - he WILL have one heck of an appetite when he returns! Best of luck to a full and fast recovery...

I hope he recovers quickly with side effects. But I am curious, I thought that full contact is not allowed until full pads on Aug. 1. Can anybody elaborate?

What do you have against this young man?:D I know what you meant.

As to you question: It depends on when school starts.

Sec. 5) Sports Specific Limitations - Football - Boys

1) Organized non-contact practice shall not begin prior

to July 15. During this non-contact period, a helmet,

shoulder pads and shoes are the only football equipment

that may be worn. The first date of practice in full

pads shall be the earlier of seven (7) week days (not

counting Saturdays and Sundays) prior to the opening

day of school (which shall be defined as the day prior to

the classes starting for the student body) or August 1

but under no circumstances can be prior to the fourth

Friday before the first regular season playing date. After

contact practice (practice in pads) has begun and prior

to the first day of classes for the students, no school

may conduct multiple on-field practice sessions in pads

(e.g., two-a-days or three-a-days) on consecutive days

(e.g., two-one two-one format). After the opening day of

the school year, no school may conduct multiple on-field

practice sessions in pads (e.g., two-a-days or three-adays)

on a day in which school is in session. All schools

shall submit all required documentation to verify the

proper execution of the practice regulations, including

scrimmage, contact, and heat/safety regulations and

recommendations.

Henry521 - I kind of remember how junior broke his wrist. Was it football related or was it something else? Didn't something kind of flip over on him? By the way, weren't two of my boys with him when that happened? It's all starting to come back now...

Bluto - A life lesson indeed. After sitting on the sidelines for awhile - he WILL have one heck of an appetite when he returns! Best of luck to a full and fast recovery...

Yea, it only happened that Highlands starting quarterback and starting tackle happened to be in the all-terrain vehicle with him at the time. What is wrong with football parents that would let thier sons get in an ATV with Leathernecks son?:eek:

Bluto, I wish the ebst for your son. The big thing to be aware of though is making sure he does his rehab and physical therapy. At such a young age, the psychological side effects of being injured is the bugaboo that has hindered many an athlete. I hurt my knee pretty bad the summer before my Junior season and never was a 100% confident making sharp cuts from that point on.