1A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Guest Bluto

Coach, Yeah if I read the playoff order and seeding hold up with the preseason ranking for the most part then it puts Mayfield, Frankfort, Bethlehem, and Beechwood as four of the final 8 on ONLY ONE SIDE of the bracket!!! :eek:

Mayfield would be playing Frankfort in Mayfield, and Beechwood playing Bethlehem...That would mean whoever wins would meet in Substate, I actually think Mayfield will have alot harder road late in the playoffs! Should be interesting! :ylsuper:

Bethlehem lost everybody and is exceedingly young and inexperienced. I don't think I would be offending local posters if I said that a district title would be highly unlikely this year. Holy Cross has to be given the nod there.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be fun to see how Noonan, Guhy and Richardson do at this level.. if they're as athletic as advertised, you know they'll have an opportunity to play...

Noonan is not practicing right now, he has hurt his shoulder in an outside of football accident. No idea on how long he is expected to be out at this time:irked:

Noonan is not practicing right now, he has hurt his shoulder in an outside of football accident. No idea on how long he is expected to be out at this time:irked:

Figures, it is starting to seem like every year one of the backs gets hurt bad, I hope this isn't a Trevarthen injury. Are the fulton city boys coming or not?

Bethlehem lost everybody and is exceedingly young and inexperienced. I don't think I would be offending local posters if I said that a district title would be highly unlikely this year. Holy Cross has to be given the nod there.

I would concur. Bethlehem is a year or two away, but will be awfully tough to handle when they have Casey Robinson, Luke Wimpsett, and Austin Downs in the backfield together. Luke and Casey will get the ball quite a bit this year but are still one year off from being the factor they can be.

If the Jackets make it to the top ten it will take a huge coaching job by the staff. Is Coach Woods still helping? If so then they have a shot if not then I would say the line will have to carry the team. Not sure about the arm strength of the new QB so many of their passes will have to be short and the wideouts will have to learn to take a h it and still catch the ball. Should be interesting to say the least.

I can understand the skepticism about Campbellsville, given their record last year. That's a pretty long limb that the BGP panel went on ... maybe they know something that some others don't.

Bottom line ... it's a "genius or idiot" pick. If Campbellsville lives up to their #7 ranking, the BGP panel are geniuses. If the Eagles flop, they're idiots.

Looking back on last year ... all three rating systems (Cantrall, Litkenhous and Massey) had Trimble and Campbellsville pretty close to each other, despite the difference in record.

Really, given the weakness of Trimble's schedule last year, the 7-4 record hardly seems relevant. The seven wins came against teams with a combined record of 18-48, and five of those teams' wins were against each other. So in reality, their record was 13-43 against outside competition.

Plus, three of Trimble's wins (Jackson County, Bracken County, Gallatin County) came against teams with programs in their infancy. Another win (Eminence) came against a team that doesn't compete in their Class A district. And there was a 20-point loss to Henry County, which went 3-7 and didn't make the 2A playoffs.

Trimble certainly didn't seem to be competitive with Danville, and the 20-8 loss to Frankfort that you want to hang your hat on came the week after Frankfort smoked Danville. I can see Frankfort having the mother of all letdowns after posting the program's biggest victory in years, maybe even a decade or two or three.

I realize that Trimble's program is a baby, and kudos to them for making the strides that they have shown so far. None of that, though, should translate into a preseason top-10 ranking.

After going 0-27 just 2 years ago, I think thier schedule should have included St. X, Trinity, Cov. Cath, Highlands, and Boyle. :creepy:

Preseason rankings mean nothing, it is all how they end up the season. :jump:

Look for Trimble to end up near the bottom of the class A rankings. :sssh: