Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Featured Replies

The truth? Well, the Beechwood starters won't be playing in any of the above games past the third quarter, maybe even after halftime... The Tigers will be too big, too strong, and too fast this season for any local 1A team to stay up with them, and with BGP's going with Mayfield as the second best 1A team in the Comonwealth, then I will have to include the State.

 

I guess since you just so happened to see Mayfield 1 time last year against a very weak Fulton team that you're an expert prognosticator on the Cardinals. For what its worth, Mayfield was pretty young last year and they've got some very skilled underclassmen coming up...I think there biggest challenge will be at QB..Shelton will be hard to replace, but, if Armstrong can just be steady and not turn the ball over, the running game will be alot stronger than last year with a healthy Trevarthan, Brown, Dumas and Noonan and the line should be improved, as well...

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be a battle between Mayfield and Beechwood should the cards play out that way. I like what I am seeing with the freshman class coming into Mayfield, should provide a ton of offensive weapons as the year progresses. I look to some key games for Mayfield to determine how this game will go, particularly Paducah Tilghman, Graves County and Marshall County, all teams that I believe would give Beechwood a very solid game.

I guess since you just so happened to see Mayfield 1 time last year against a very weak Fulton team that you're an expert prognosticator on the Cardinals. For what its worth, Mayfield was pretty young last year and they've got some very skilled underclassmen coming up...I think there biggest challenge will be at QB..Shelton will be hard to replace, but, if Armstrong can just be steady and not turn the ball over, the running game will be alot stronger than last year with a healthy Trevarthan, Brown, Dumas and Noonan and the line should be improved, as well...

 

If you are talking about Travis Brown he graduated last year.

Personally, I like Mayfield being the underdog...I much rather Beechwood be the favorite when they come to Mayfield assuming this is how things unfold. I tend to think Mayfield plays much harder and different when they are not picked to win. Often times, leading to a big "W". It just seems they get complacent sometimes when favored and try NOT TO LOSE, more than TRYING TO WIN!

 

Should be a great season for the Cards and Beechies...Too bad they won't both make it to Papa Johns!

I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

overconfidence breeds defeat.........beechwood is gonna have a hard time winning a title if they think they already have it won..........

I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

 

the only thing that gets old is not getting the respect we deserve outside of WKY.....we have been kicking everyone's tail down here for years (1A-4A), so they know whats up...its the rest of the state that doesn't have a clue.........but you know how it is in Mayfield, we talk with our hats!!!!

Just read in the 1a preview where Pikeville may be starting a Soph at QB instead of Honaker. Is this true?

Someone please teach us. :D

 

 

I usually do it the poor mans way

 

I start by replying to one post, this will give you the quote so you can highlight it and then right click and select copy.

 

Then I hit the back button and go to the next one, only I add the quote to my reply and then copy that too.

 

Hit the back button again and so, and so on untill I have all the quotes I want and then post a new reply and right click and paste everything I copied.

 

Hope that clears it up.:laugh:

 

Thanks, Sandman. You get my :thumb: for the day!

If you are talking about Travis Brown he graduated last year.

 

I was...I thought he was a Sr this year, my bad...and I think I got Dumas wrong, too... Who was the freshman RB that started last year? Between the Moss, Dumas, Noonan, Parrett, Sherril and Starks that Mayfields had over the years, I get them confused..

I was...I thought he was a Sr this year, my bad...and I think I got Dumas wrong, too... Who was the freshman RB that started last year? Between the Moss, Dumas, Noonan, Parrett, Sherril and Starks that Mayfields had over the years, I get them confused..

 

The freshman that started last year was Tyrese Murrell. Keep an eye out for a freshman back named Noonan this year...he is the real deal.

I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

 

The same old arguments are still the same and sometimes they get a little boring...but we find it funny that with all those arguments we still can't get anyone to play us home and home on a two year rotating basis. And it has been 23 out of 26 years that the WORST we have done is the semi-state...not too bad for a program that people are considering as dwindling. Bet 98% of the schools that play football in Ky. wish they were dwindling like Mayfield has...lol.

overconfidence breeds defeat.........beechwood is gonna have a hard time winning a title if they think they already have it won..........

 

I really don't think it is anyone on the Beechwood team that thinks that. It is the fan base.

 

You and I both know that anything short of a title at Mayfield is unacceptable. It is probably just like that at Beechwood.

For the record ... there are no "real" Beechwood people making these statements. You can try to slant it that way all you want ... but it just isn't the truth.

 

What I will say is this ... Beechwood understands their history with Mayfield. And ... they have a lot of respect for that history.

 

No offense to some of the people who are talking up Beechwood (because it is a sincere compliment that they may see some truth in) but Beechwood is taking things as they should: one game at a time.

I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

 

 

Thanks for the support. To me it is not boring at all. Just some good discussion back and forth. The only time I even noticed was in 2002. No one from NKY gave us a chance at winning that year.

I think of it as this: At least they are talking about us. I really wouldn’t want to know what some of the other teams feel like who doesn’t have a successful program.

 

BTW.....Westsider is not a Mayfield fan as the rest of us homers. He is just a high school football fan. He will tell you this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.