Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Featured Replies

Thanks for the support. To me it is not boring at all. Just some good discussion back and forth. The only time I even noticed was in 2002. No one gave us a chance at winning that year.

I think of it as this: At least they are talking about us. I really wouldn’t want to know what some of the other teams feel like who doesn’t have a successful program.

 

BTW.....Westsider is not a Mayfield fan as the rest of us homers. He is just a high school football fan. He will tell you this.

 

I know, I just see him in a lot of the Mayfield discussions. He seems to get around all over western Ky.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I intended no offense against Beechwood. Their history is no slouch, either and is running on sixteen or seventeen years now. Beechwood smacked my team around in '92 and '93, just like Mayfield did in '05, so I'm just a little bitter, perhaps.

For the record ... there are no "real" Beechwood people making these statements. You can try to slant it that way all you want ... but it just isn't the truth.

 

What I will say is this ... Beechwood understands their history with Mayfield. And ... they have a lot of respect for that history.

 

No offense to some of the people who are talking up Beechwood (because it is a sincere compliment that they may see some truth in) but Beechwood is taking things as they should: one game at a time.

 

I hope that Mayfield and Beechwood can have a classy rivalry in the coming years at least in the current alignment. We have enjoyed all our years going to Danville and having Danville coming to Mayfield and I hope we can get that started with these two teams, :thumb:

I know, I just see him in a lot of the Mayfield discussions. He seems to get around all over western Ky.

 

You can say that again.:thumb:

For the record ... there are no "real" Beechwood people making these statements. You can try to slant it that way all you want ... but it just isn't the truth.

 

What I will say is this ... Beechwood understands their history with Mayfield. And ... they have a lot of respect for that history.

 

No offense to some of the people who are talking up Beechwood (because it is a sincere compliment that they may see some truth in) but Beechwood is taking things as they should: one game at a time.

 

NO offense quickslick...i wasn't trying to slant it that way, but i did make that assumption, and we know how assumptions work......:D. My bad.

For the record ... there are no "real" Beechwood people making these statements. You can try to slant it that way all you want ... but it just isn't the truth.

 

What I will say is this ... Beechwood understands their history with Mayfield. And ... they have a lot of respect for that history.

 

No offense to some of the people who are talking up Beechwood (because it is a sincere compliment that they may see some truth in) but Beechwood is taking things as they should: one game at a time.

 

I talked to a Beechwood coach just the other night and that is exactly the impression I got.

 

However, as a fan, I think Beechwood will be all that and a bag of chips this year. Also, this Beechwood fan has the utmost respect for Mayfield!

Its so hard to say this early that Mayfield is "all that" at this point. So much stuff happens to the team as the season goes on with injuries, players coming up and the usual 2 to 3 players that come out of nowhere. We had andy Trevarthen missing most season and our QB picked up a lot of that slack. Its just hard to tell for me until we hit some of the bigger games.

Its so hard to say this early that Mayfield is "all that" at this point. So much stuff happens to the team as the season goes on with injuries, players coming up and the usual 2 to 3 players that come out of nowhere. We had andy Trevarthen missing most season and our QB picked up a lot of that slack. Its just hard to tell for me until we hit some of the bigger games.

 

I agree, I have talked with several coaches this summer and they all say the same thing: we will be pretty good if we don't have ant injuries. Good luck to mayfield and beachwood alon with the rest of 1-A. I just can't wait for 8/24/07 and the sound of pads colliding.

Someone please teach us. :D

 

 

 

I usually do it the poor mans way

 

I start by replying to one post, this will give you the quote so you can highlight it and then right click and select copy.

 

Then I hit the back button and go to the next one, only I add the quote to my reply and then copy that too.

 

Hit the back button again and so, and so on untill I have all the quotes I want and then post a new reply and right click and paste everything I copied.

 

Hope that clears it up.:laugh:

 

 

You have made my day Sandman.:thumb:

I know, I just see him in a lot of the Mayfield discussions. He seems to get around all over western Ky.

You can say that again.:thumb:
I second that ... I'm a glutton for punishment. ;)
I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

 

For the record ... there are no "real" Beechwood people making these statements. You can try to slant it that way all you want ... but it just isn't the truth.

 

What I will say is this ... Beechwood understands their history with Mayfield. And ... they have a lot of respect for that history.

 

No offense to some of the people who are talking up Beechwood (because it is a sincere compliment that they may see some truth in) but Beechwood is taking things as they should: one game at a time.

 

I talked to a Beechwood coach just the other night and that is exactly the impression I got.

 

However, as a fan, I think Beechwood will be all that and a bag of chips this year. Also, this Beechwood fan has the utmost respect for Mayfield!

 

I can tell you that Raceland coaches, players, and fans all respect Beechwood and Mayfield. If I am not mistaken Raceland went to camp at Mayfield after they won their last championship.

 

I hate to say it, and don't tell anyone that I admitted it, because this brings me great pain: I wish that our program had as much desire and dedication as Beechwood and Mayfield.

 

I'm like a kid with a new toy,using this mult-quote thing.

I'm like a kid with a new toy,using this mult-quote thing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Personally, I like Mayfield being the underdog...I much rather Beechwood be the favorite when they come to Mayfield assuming this is how things unfold. I tend to think Mayfield plays much harder and different when they are not picked to win. Often times, leading to a big "W". It just seems they get complacent sometimes when favored and try NOT TO LOSE, more than TRYING TO WIN!

 

Should be a great season for the Cards and Beechies...Too bad they won't both make it to Papa Johns!

 

 

SO THEY MEET IN THE PLAYOFFS B-4 PAPA JOHNS ,IF THEY BOTH KEEP WINNING ?I thought I heard they would meet at Papa Johns .What week would they if they both win ?

The freshman that started last year was Tyrese Murrell. Keep an eye out for a freshman back named Noonan this year...he is the real deal.

 

I've heard about him....Alot of people are comparing him to M.Moss from the late 70s, early 80s and Starks from the mid 90s...Is he going to be that caliber player or is he being a bit overhyped? I'd think with Trevarthan and Murrel back, it would be hard for him to step in as a starter, but, i could be wrong... Tell me a little more about this kid, size, speed, who he reminds you of, etc and is he more a RB or FB type and does he play defense too? thanks in advance for the insight...

 

For what its worth, I agree Beechwood will be the team to beat this year. It sounds like they'll be loaded, especially on the lines...Any team that returns majority of there line are typically strong..Add the return of there backfield and there you go... I sure remember them in 95, which i thought was one of the better Mayfield teams in a long while with Bright, Starks, Lunsford, Sherrill, ect. and the Beechies were right there with em all day long.. Was a great game to watch, for sure...

I've heard about him....Alot of people are comparing him to M.Moss from the late 70s, early 80s and Starks from the mid 90s...Is he going to be that caliber player or is he being a bit overhyped? I'd think with Trevarthan and Murrel back, it would be hard for him to step in as a starter, but, i could be wrong... Tell me a little more about this kid, size, speed, who he reminds you of, etc and is he more a RB or FB type and does he play defense too? thanks in advance for the insight...

 

For what its worth, I agree Beechwood will be the team to beat this year. It sounds like they'll be loaded, especially on the lines...Any team that returns majority of there line are typically strong..Add the return of there backfield and there you go... I sure remember them in 95, which i thought was one of the better Mayfield teams in a long while with Bright, Starks, Lunsford, Sherrill, ect. and the Beechies were right there with em all day long.. Was a great game to watch, for sure...

 

I am not totally informed on the young man, but I believe that he is more of a RB type, I haven't heard anything about him on defense. They call him "stump" I believe and I heard he is extremely hard to bring down and very fast, hopefully somebody can fill us in on his actual speed. I know that one of the Middle school coaches said he is one of the best he's seen and that says a lot since he has coached all the ones you just mentioned.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.