Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Featured Replies

Class 1A

1. Beechwood (9-3)

2. Mayfield (11-3)

3. Frankfort (9-3)

 

 

Let's start the fireworks now!!

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocked to see campbellsville that high...

Looks pretty good to me...i don't know anything about the east..and Mayfield is the only threat west of Louisville (geographically).....I would like to see Mayfield #1 but that is irrelevant....if they are #1, then they will be there in the end.

I have no problem with the top two with Beechwood being #1 and Mayfield #2 as Mayfield has a new quarterback in Logan Armstrong and a couple of line positions to fill offensively and defensively. I also agree with Frankfort being #3 as well as Pikeville at #4. The only real thing that jumps out at me is Campbellsville being that high with their record from a year ago. I take it they played mostly underclassmen last year as I did not see them play in person last year...as I am surprised they are rated ahead of Raceland to start off the preseason rankings. One thing about preseason rankings good or bad...they don't mean a thing when you strap on the helmet and kick things off opening night.

 

Good luck to all the teams this year in Class A

i only see one district 3 team on here... thats a little shocking cause 3/4 state champs come from the district:confused:

 

With the new realignment this year...what other team from that district would you put in the top ten...Bellevue, Dayton, or Ludlow?

I agree with the other posters about Campbellsville...I'd throw Cumberland out there as well, but, truthfully, I don't know much about them, so, I could be wrong... I do believe Paris and Crittenden Co could both see the Top 10 before it's all said and done ....

Has Paris really improved that much?Fairview IMO should be #3 in that district behind LCA and Raceland

Campbellsville was playing very, very well at the end of the season last year. They went through a monster personnel shake up at the beginning of the season, and essentially scrapped everything they were doing. All of the kids who were seeing battle action were sophomores and even freshmen. They weeded out a lot of really bad eggs, morale-wise, and my sources down there tell me that the offseason quietly went very well, and that there is new energy down there. There is some size and some defensive talent. I think the pre-season prediction is bold, but I think the new district is favorable for them and they will be up there by the end of the year.

Campbellsville was playing very, very well at the end of the season last year. They went through a monster personnel shake up at the beginning of the season, and essentially scrapped everything they were doing. All of the kids who were seeing battle action were sophomores and even freshmen. They weeded out a lot of really bad eggs, morale-wise, and my sources down there tell me that the offseason quietly went very well, and that there is new energy down there. There is some size and some defensive talent. I think the pre-season prediction is bold, but I think the new district is favorable for them and they will be up there by the end of the year.

 

Hearsay...thank you for the information...being down here in the far western part of the state sometimes it is hard to keep up with all the ins and outs from the central and eastern part of the state. Good luck to your B'town Tigers this year

Pretty good job by the selection committee.

I would liked to have seen Raceland a little higher (homer) but their # 8 pick is about right considering the talent lost due to graduation. The teams above them are all well deserving and the Beechwood pick at # 1 is a solid choice.

The first week of the season we will have a good matchup of 2 top ten teams when Frankfort vs Campbellsville. Should be a good measuring stick for how solid class A will be this year.

The rankings look good and fair to me, I don't know much about Campbellsville, but I am sure they are deserving or they would not be there. Should make for an interesting season. Good luck to all the 1A teams.

Looks pretty good to me, I would rank L.C.A. higher than what they are, maybe as high as 3 or 4. I also think that Raceland should maybe be ranked above Campbellsville. Although Raceland did lose a lot from last years District champion / Regional runner up imo they have some kids that will do a very good job of filling those spaces this season. Only time will tell. Good luck to all teams and I cannot argue much with the preseason picks at all. Beechwood is aways a solid pick for #1 and Mayfield is usually considered near the top as well.

Beechwood should win this class hands down......If they don't, I will be shocked!!!

Don't be surprised if there is a lot of shuffling in the bottom half of the top 10 throughout the season ... after the top four or five teams, ranking Class A is a crapshoot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.