Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Rankings (BGP) Discussion

Featured Replies

Copy, cut and paste ... such wonderful tools. ;)

 

I always woundered what that cut was for.:D

 

There are only five Class A teams west of Louisville. Mayfield, everyone knows about. Crittenden County and Fulton City could be decent, but I wouldn't rate them as top-10 teams at this point.

 

Not to seem sarcastic, but that is only three.

  • Replies 127
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to seem sarcastic, but that is only three.
District 1 ... Mayfield, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Ballard Memorial.

 

Russellville was in the district in the first alignment, but they opted to play in 3A for travel reasons.

You've also technically got Allen Central and Caverna, which I consider WKy.

District 1 ... Mayfield, Crittenden County, Fulton City, Fulton County, Ballard Memorial.

 

Russellville was in the district in the first alignment, but they opted to play in 3A for travel reasons.

 

:thumb:

You've also technically got Allen Central and Caverna, which I consider WKy.
Allen Central is in the mountains.

 

Only people from central and eastern Kentucky would consider Caverna a western Kentucky school. ;)

You've also technically got Allen Central and Caverna, which I consider WKy.

 

Allen is as far east as you can get, unless there is another Allen Central. They used to be in the district with Raceland when I played, I hated that trip.

I always love how people discount Mayfield. Here are some favorite refrains I have heard, just in the past 5 years:

 

1. They play in West Ky., where football is weak;

2. Their division is terrible, they haven't played anyone;

3. Mayfield's district is dwindling, less and less good players come out every year;

4. They lost 4 of their first 8 games, it must be a down year;

5. They have no speed;

6. They have no quarterback;

7. They're not typical Mayfield "big" this year;

 

And yet, year in and year out, for something like 20 of the past 26 seasons, Mayfield has been in the semi-state game, playing for a shot at the title. AGAIN.

 

And they'll be there this year. AGAIN.

 

I just wonder if it ever gets boring for toothpick, cardsvoice, mayfieldsportsfan, westsider, WKYfootballguy, and you other Mayfield supporters.

 

 

Dont let West fool you, he is atleast a closet Cards fan. He is there for them when it counts.

 

I get bored with the bias sometimes and no longer posts as much as I would like because of it but it is a understandable thing. Geography works against Mayfield and the other extreme western teams. It is difficult for the rest of the state to see or get as much media coverage of us. Often we play out of state teams rather than top notch in state teams because of the distance. No idea if extreme EKY teams run into this or not. Russell, Belfrey, Ashland and Pikeville are all successful teams from the edge of the state. It seems in the case of EKY there is a stronger fan base than we have from the deep west. It does make wins sweeter though when we win games against far off in state opponets in the playoffs that many felt would wax us.

 

I think Snake's take is similar to mine. I see Beechwood and very possibly Frankfort deserving the nod over us atleast early in the season. If Mayfield can get some fast growing up from their incrediable talented youngsters they maybe capable of making a run at Beechwood and Frankfort but it will require the aid of the young talent growing up throughout the course of the regular season. The Cards line play may turnout to be their undoing.

 

The Noonan kid who is a freshman is as good a back as I have ever witnessed as Mayfield as this point in his career. I am one of the guys that think he is a Marcus Moss type talent. Not to say that he will be a difference maker as a freshman but I have not found a more dominant player in middle school. Noonan has that rare Mike Bright football smarts and the talent to go with it. When he is at RB he can fake you out of your cleats with uncanny speed or he has the power to run right over the top of a tackler. Great take off and top end speed. He was a heck of defensive talent as well. The Richardson kid is also a special talent, I look for both to be big time talents. Noonan is already hearing peolple praise his talents and I am hopeful that he will keep out of trouble, somthing that troubled another Noonan that was pretty good a few years back but never got the chance.

 

Thanks for the great posts Hear :thumb:

The Noonan kid who is a freshman is as good a back as I have ever witnessed as Mayfield as this point in his career. I am one of the guys that think he is a Marcus Moss type talent. Not to say that he will be a difference maker as a freshman but I have not found a more dominant player in middle school. Noonan has that rare Mike Bright football smarts and the talent to go with it. When he is at RB he can fake you out of your cleats with uncanny speed or he has the power to run right over the top of a tackler. Great take off and top end speed. He was a heck of defensive talent as well. The Richardson kid is also a special talent, I look for both to be big time talents. Noonan is already hearing peolple praise his talents and I am hopeful that he will keep out of trouble, somthing that troubled another Noonan that was pretty good a few years back but never got the chance.

 

Thanks for the great posts Hear :thumb:

 

Man, what you are saying about the Noonan Kid is giving me chills thinking about it, the incoming talent this year is going to be so much fun to watch. I'm not the type to just watch Mayfield football on just the good years, I watch it every game, every season, but when a class like this comes along, it gets really exciting, at least to me, :walk:

SO THEY MEET IN THE PLAYOFFS B-4 PAPA JOHNS ,IF THEY BOTH KEEP WINNING ?I thought I heard they would meet at Papa Johns .What week would they if they both win ?

 

 

Coach, Yeah if I read the playoff order and seeding hold up with the preseason ranking for the most part then it puts Mayfield, Frankfort, Bethlehem, and Beechwood as four of the final 8 on ONLY ONE SIDE of the bracket!!! :eek:

 

Mayfield would be playing Frankfort in Mayfield, and Beechwood playing Bethlehem...That would mean whoever wins would meet in Substate, I actually think Mayfield will have alot harder road late in the playoffs! Should be interesting! :ylsuper:

Dont let West fool you, he is atleast a closet Cards fan. He is there for them when it counts.

 

I get bored with the bias sometimes and no longer posts as much as I would like because of it but it is a understandable thing. Geography works against Mayfield and the other extreme western teams. It is difficult for the rest of the state to see or get as much media coverage of us. Often we play out of state teams rather than top notch in state teams because of the distance. No idea if extreme EKY teams run into this or not. Russell, Belfrey, Ashland and Pikeville are all successful teams from the edge of the state. It seems in the case of EKY there is a stronger fan base than we have from the deep west. It does make wins sweeter though when we win games against far off in state opponets in the playoffs that many felt would wax us.

 

I think Snake's take is similar to mine. I see Beechwood and very possibly Frankfort deserving the nod over us atleast early in the season. If Mayfield can get some fast growing up from their incrediable talented youngsters they maybe capable of making a run at Beechwood and Frankfort but it will require the aid of the young talent growing up throughout the course of the regular season. The Cards line play may turnout to be their undoing.

 

The Noonan kid who is a freshman is as good a back as I have ever witnessed as Mayfield as this point in his career. I am one of the guys that think he is a Marcus Moss type talent. Not to say that he will be a difference maker as a freshman but I have not found a more dominant player in middle school. Noonan has that rare Mike Bright football smarts and the talent to go with it. When he is at RB he can fake you out of your cleats with uncanny speed or he has the power to run right over the top of a tackler. Great take off and top end speed. He was a heck of defensive talent as well. The Richardson kid is also a special talent, I look for both to be big time talents. Noonan is already hearing peolple praise his talents and I am hopeful that he will keep out of trouble, somthing that troubled another Noonan that was pretty good a few years back but never got the chance.

 

Thanks for the great posts Hear :thumb:

 

Knowing and watching the two mentioned, that is alot for a freshman to live up to. Moss/Bright were great football players and Beechwood remembers them well, too well. This Noonan must be one heck of an athletic talent to compare him already to these two great players.

Knowing and watching the two mentioned, that is alot for a freshman to live up to. Moss/Bright were great football players and Beechwood remembers them well, too well. This Noonan must be one heck of an athletic talent to compare him already to these two great players.

 

Keep in mind that I said at this point in his career or development, meaning as a middle schooler he was the best I can recall seeing. He may continue to greatness or might not ever become a great player but I am excited after watching him play in middle school.

 

Mayfield will have alot harder road late in the playoffs! Should be interesting! :ylsuper:

 

If Beechwood wins out then their road will be unreal when you add in the travel. Ity hurts me to even think that anyone will have to travel from NKY to Mayfield for a game then turn around and travel to Louisville a few days later. Atleast if Mayfield wins out they will only have to travel to Louisville

Keep in mind that I said at this point in his career or development, meaning as a middle schooler he was the best I can recall seeing. He may continue to greatness or might not ever become a great player but I am excited after watching him play in middle school.

 

Who is the richardson kid? Is he the receiver I was hearing about in Middle school? I have heard a lot about the guhy kid, is he the real deal?

Who is the richardson kid? Is he the receiver I was hearing about in Middle school? I have heard a lot about the guhy kid, is he the real deal?

 

Yes, appears so but in middle school there isnt enough throwing to get a good feel but when he touched the ball he was special. You will learn alot more about both this year because I think both will be making some contributions

It'll be fun to see how Noonan, Guhy and Richardson do at this level.. if they're as athletic as advertised, you know they'll have an opportunity to play...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.