When healthy and in his prime...

When healthy & in his prime, which player would you want on your team?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. When healthy & in his prime, which player would you want on your team?

• A Rod
    • Bonds
    • Griffey Jr.

I understand that people will be biased on this one but I also understand how Griffey could get the nod ahead of A-Rod.

I don't know if any Cincy bias has much to do with this one. When ESPN.com originally posted this poll early yesterday Jr. was a solid winner there as well.

A healthy Griffey in his prime was one of the best players I have ever watched. His smooth stroke at the plate and his ability to play CF IMO seperated him from the rest. He was also an excellent baserunner.

I choose Griffey.

Also, someone on ESPN was asking today why Arod gets such an easy pass on the steroid issue? Never know questioning his pace to hit 800 HR's and wondering about steroids with him.

Bayless is an idiot.

I'll take ARod. (Biased Yankee fan).:p

I am just glad to see Bonds way down in this voting, I can't believe that he got 2 votes so far over Griffey and A-Rod.

Balco Barry before Balco and all the "juice" would be considered, he was no doubt on his way to being one of if not the the best ever in the game then, untill he decided to disgrace himself and the game.

Griffey.

More clutch than A-Rod and better defensively than A-rod.

Better defensively than Bonds while offesively they would be a in a deadheat barring injuries to Jr.

I also believe Jr is a much better teammate than either based on the stories I have read.

A-Rod isn't playing his position. Not saying he was a better SS than Junior was a CF but he was darn good.

How much are ARod's stats inflated by playing in the more-offensive minded AL?

Also, someone on ESPN was asking today why Arod gets such an easy pass on the steroid issue? Never know questioning his pace to hit 800 HR's and wondering about steroids with him.

I'd say the pitchers in the AL are better, especially in that division. Here's a short article proving it more. The DL helps but IMO that isn't all of it.

As it says, look how Zito is struggling in the AL now, and how pretty mediocre Ted Lilly is doing better with the Cubs.

A-Rod isn't playing his position. Not saying he was a better SS than Junior was a CF but he was darn good.

I'd say the pitchers in the AL are better, especially in that division. Here's a short article proving it more. The DL helps but IMO that isn't all of it.

As it says, look how Zito is struggling in the AL now, and how pretty mediocre Ted Lilly is doing better with the Cubs.

Zito's in the NL, and A-Rod wasn't anywhere close to Jr. defensively, regardless of the position....

Zito's in the NL

Duh, talk about making myself look dumb.

A-Rod wasn't anywhere close to Jr. defensively, regardless of the position....

A-Rod is a two-time gold glove winner, over Derek Jeter. Once again, not saying he's better, but you can't say A-Rod's defense was bad.

What I am saying is that A-Rod's hitting was/is better than Griff's hitting more than Griff's fielding was better than A-Rod.

I am just glad to see Bonds way down in this voting, I can't believe that he got 2 votes so far over Griffey and A-Rod.

Balco Barry before Balco and all the "juice" would be considered, he was no doubt on his way to being one of if not the the best ever in the game then, untill he decided to disgrace himself and the game.

He was undoubtedly a great player, but how was he on his way to being possibly the best ever? His prime at the plate and the majority of his numbers came after he blew up.

I did some calculating on Griffey's stats from the 1993-1998 seasons, and A-Rod's stats from the 1996-2001 seasons.

Per at bat:

Griffey .297 hits, .218 RBI's, .085 HR's, .140 BB's, .203 Runs, and .027 SB's.

A-Rod .315 hits, .199 RBI's, .066 HR's, .106 BB's, .208 Runs, and .040 SB's.

Close, Griff wins RBI's, HR's, and BB's, and A-Rod wins AVG, Runs, and SB's.