Popular music groups/singers that you personally don't like

titletownclown

I pretty much dislike anything and everything that is not country :D . I don't like Rascal Flatts in country, they have some great songs but I just cant stand the lead singers voice. Rap, imo, is by far the worst music (if you want to call it that) that has ever came about. Hard Rock/heavy metal is about as pathetic. I like some blues music, bluegrass and southern gospel.

In my h.s. days way back when in the 70's I liked rock and "Three Dog Night" , "the "Doobie Brothers" , Southern Rock bands

" Lynyrd Skynyrd", "Allman Brothers" (those two were the best) and others during that time that I just can't think of right now. When I hear the names I instantly remember though. I still like to hear songs from that time period in Rock along with country.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were hardly any acts bigger in the mid to late 70s and early 80s than Fleetwood Mac. They're on my list.

Put Phil Collins and his drum on there as well.

How can you not like "The Mac"? :eek:

Number 1 most hated for me, John Mellenhead. I can't tell you how much I can't stand that podunk Indiana hillbilly. Can't sing, can't write and is nothing but a sawed off little jerk.

I also hate Metallica, Guns n Roses, Nirvana, Madonna, Justin Timberlake, Garth Brooks, all Hip Hop/Rap and most Punk.

There are a few in my box, but two stand out for the purpose that most people who like these bands happen to have generally similar tastes as me, but I just can't stand them:

Godsmack

and

Matchbox20

I see I'm not alone in my loathing of DMB. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the "every song sounds the same" nature of his music makes him pretty much old news. The first couple albums were OK, but when it became clear he was touring incessantly at the expense of time crafting new and innovative (key word here) songs, I gave up.

I'm with you here. Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" and "Tusk" are among the first albums I listened to extensively, and the band will always be among my faves.

Jim, you and I may not agree with brjb too often, but this is one of those statistically rare events. Mac had a great rhythm section, and I always thought that Lindsay Buckingham was underrated as a musician.

Dave Matthews Band - I don't get it either.

Creed - Not sure why.

Trace Adkins - A few of his songs are okay, but I usually change the station when I hear him

Vince Gill - Horrible

Pink - I've just never been a fan.

U2 - Sorry.

I can relate to a lot of the above choices. Here are a few others I haven't seen anyone list...

Reba McEntire (can't stand to look at her)

Bob Dylan

Pink Floyd

The Beach Boys

Rod Stewart

Elton John

Barbara Streisand

Neil Young

Michael Bolton

Sting

Michael Jackson

Whitney Houston

Celine Dion