Popular music groups/singers that you personally don't like

titletownclown

We did a thread on Popular movies that others don't like. Now it's music time!!!!

What are some of the Music Groups/Singers either past or present that are/were hugely successful that you personally never cared for.

By far the biggest for me is Lynard Skynard. I realize I may receive threats of bodily harm and/or death, but other than a few of their songs, I just don't care for them. As a matter of fact, I have almost quit listening to WKQQ because it seems all of their dj's are in love with that band.

Others:

Molly Hatchet

Allman Brothers

Hank Williams Jr.

Dave Matthews Band

Warning: Anyone caught listing The Stones in this thread will be reported to a moderator immediately for violation of rules that have yet to be implemented but probably should.:D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let's come out slugging: Garth Brooks. Why this clown is as popular as he is continues to baffle me. So glad he's gone away ... but unfortunately the pop-country starmaker machinery (with all apologies to Joni Mitchell) has lined up 15 other talentless clowns doing exactly the same stuff Brooks did.

Rock

Rolling Stones, Journey, My Chemical Romance....etc

Hop Hop:

Jay Z, LL Cool J,

Basically any country artist besides Travis Tritt, Garth Brooks, & Kenny Chesney...I'm not a big fan of country music anyway but I absolutly hate Gretchin Wilson, something about her is just so annoying to me.

You could pretty much take about 40 bands out of the top 50 best selling CDS each month on the charts and I would LOATHE a majority of them. I am too picky when it comes to music.

When it comes to "older" bands, never understood the love for the Grateful Dead. I know they were a band to be experienced and not just condensed to a CD, but not for me.