Homer Time?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's apparent he's good enough to be perhaps the best pitcher in AAA but I still don't want to see him brought up just to sell tickets but the Reds may have to consider that option. Hal Mccoy was pretty confident during tonight's 2nd inning interview that he would be brought up soon, I know his opinion really doesn't matter but he knows his Reds baseball. At this point it's a given he will be in Cincy in '08, and I would like to see what he brings to the MLB squad prior to the start of the season.

One point on bringing him up at this time, if you don't will it come across to the Reds nation that you have given up on this season?

Presently, they don't have a starter for Friday's game????? You bring up someone else or take someone out of the bullpen and cannot the fan base read into it that you are not trying to put your best team out there for THIS SEASON and as a result, no need for the fans to turn out THIS SEASON.

It was different when he was in AA, but he is only a short trip away now.

One point on bringing him up at this time, if you don't will it come across to the Reds nation that you have given up on this season?

Presently, they don't have a starter for Friday's game????? You bring up someone else or take someone out of the bullpen and cannot the fan base read into it that you are not trying to put your best team out there for THIS SEASON and as a result, no need for the fans to turn out THIS SEASON.

It was different when he was in AA, but he is only a short trip away now.

He threw on Monday. No way he can start on Friday. That's the end of that...

Do me a favor lbbc. Look up the last Reds off day. When you do, get back to me on days you get to adjust the rotation...

After I posted, I began to think about it. Wasn't they off a week ago Monday?

So for me to come up soon in the #5 spot, he would need to miss a start at Louisville at some point and time. Correct?

There is no way Homer is up this weekend. Let it go...

Isn't Arroyo scheduled to be Sunday's starter? Assuming that is a day game, he has said he hates throwing day games and has volunteered before to go on short notice. Move Harang and Arroyo up a day and start Bailey on Sunday.:D

BTW, it is about 3 hours past my bedtime so I am delirious and should not be held accountable for anythng I post.:D

What if Bailey has two more comparable starts as he did the other night?

You still keep him down or even Dumatrait?

The "Shotgun" had a great stat today....the Reds 5th starters are a combined 0-9 this season.

4 more really good starts...approximately 30 days...I still don't think it will be before July 1

Nor should it be...

What if Bailey has two more comparable starts as he did the other night?

You still keep him down or even Dumatrait?

The "Shotgun" had a great stat today....the Reds 5th starters are a combined 0-9 this season.

I saw that on there yesterday. What are you saying to your fans and your players if you keep losing games that are pitched by fill ins when you have a legitimate prospect w/ an ERA below 2 in triple A? If the Reds lose the first 3 games he starts that's all you were going to get anyway. But what if the opposite is true and he comes up and wins his first 3 and the team gets a shot in the arm?