• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I can gather re: Super 2.

Its for players who :

have 2 years experience but less than 3

have 86+ days experience in the previous season

are in the top 17% of all 2 year players in service time.

So, I don't think anyone who has not played in the majors yet is considered Super 2.

I believe, this is correct and like 98 said, the cutoff date is first of July.

Bailey if brought up, may/may not help but the burden to carry this team, would be placed on him and it would be overwhelming. If the Reds are looking to get into the Playoffs, then 1-2 trades will start being discussed.

If not, then look for Bailey to be brought up, in late June.

What would be the benefit of rushing him up to the bigs? The possibility of one win a week? At this point...no thanks...

Would it really be considered rushing him up here now? He's pitched solid at every level so far. The Reds need another starter in the rotation. I don't think it would hurt him to bring him up now. If he struggles, then so be it. He'd fit right in. :D Most people know that one pitcher isn't going to take this team to the playoffs. Let him take his bumps during a year that expectations have dwindled, even though they still have a shot at the division, instead of bringing him up at the beginning of next year when expectations will be much higher. I don't think him struggling now will relate to long term problems with confidence. He seems to have his head on straight, and he seems like he could handle it.

Would it really be considered rushing him up here now? He's pitched solid at every level so far. The Reds need another starter in the rotation. I don't think it would hurt him to bring him up now. If he struggles, then so be it. He'd fit right in. :D Most people know that one pitcher isn't going to take this team to the playoffs. Let him take his bumps during a year that expectations have dwindled, even though they still have a shot at the division, instead of bringing him up at the beginning of next year when expectations will be much higher. I don't think him struggling now will relate to long term problems with confidence. He seems to have his head on straight, and he seems like he could handle it.

I'm not saying wait until the start of next season. I think it would be best after the all-star break when all transactions are complete. He seems to have his head on straight because he hasn't been shelled by major league batters yet. Another couple of outings similar to his last one and I think he'll be ready...

I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in here and get us over the hump this year. I think the main reason people want to see him up here is to show us they care and so we can see what the future of the Reds looks like. I really just want to see him pitch.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to come in here and get us over the hump this year. I think the main reason people want to see him up here is to show us they care and so we can see what the future of the Reds looks like. I really just want to see him pitch.
Bailey would certainly help with attendance.

For one game every 10 days or so assuming he will pitch on the road some. Would you assume an additional 3,000 fans. Probably 5-6 home starts and we are probably talking 20 to 25 thousand fans over a season at the very best.

For one game every 10 days or so assuming he will pitch on the road some. Would you assume an additional 3,000 fans. Probably 5-6 home starts and we are probably talking 20 to 25 thousand fans over a season at the very best.
I may be wrong, have been many times before but if Bailey gets the call to t GABP, depending on whom they are playing, it will be a sellout....just because, like HT said, many will want to see what he has and how the future, will look.

If he's successful, than on days he pitches, attendance will be solid and if he struggles, it will still increase, similar to the numbers you alluded to.

I would have to agree. The Reds are desperate for ticket sales right now. They've got employees passing out flyers and stickers no matter where they go listing the reasons to go to a game.

I will be at the first home game he pitches when normally I wouldn't and I know a lot of others that would do the same. I say it would easily be a sell out.

That's the only game I have any interest in attending other than a possible Griffey 600 HR game....

I guess we'll be seeing you at GABP about late April of 2008? :D

:lol: I think it's a long shot for him to get it this season too, but you never know. If he gets hot, I could see it happening mid-late September...

I'll also be buying tickets for the bobble-head games, however I plan on leaving right after entering the gate.