Homer Time?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh???

Homer is what they call a "Super 2" after he is brought up he only has 2 years until he is arbitration elgiable and if they do it before the All-Star break this year it will count for one year. Most of the time it is 3 years correct. I haven't heard a straight forward answer from anyone about this or if it is even true.

Here's what I can gather re: Super 2.

Its for players who :

have 2 years experience but less than 3

have 86+ days experience in the previous season

are in the top 17% of all 2 year players in service time.

So, I don't think anyone who has not played in the majors yet is considered Super 2.

Just to clear up the numbers. He went 7 scoreless and gave up 2 hits to start the 8th. Coffey came in and couldn't hold one of the stranded runners. Through 7 he threw 96 pitches (73 Strikes, 23 Balls)..

I did some digging, this is what I found.

Per an article by John Fay

If the Reds were to bring up Bailey anytime soon, there's a good chance he'd be a "Super Two" in 2009 and not need that third full year to qualify for arbitration.

The cutoff date for Super Twos usually falls around July 1.

"Forget all that," Krivsky said. "We're trying to win games."

What do you want to bet Homer is brought up middle of July?

From what's been said down here...the Reds know he could win some games now...but he can't right the ship himself...they are willing to let him further season himself donw here....to assure his success in the bigs...I actually think it is a great decision...and us Louisvillian's certainly don't want to see him go just yet.