Ambidexterous Pitcher for Creighton

STRIKE3

I thought you had to establish which arm you threw with at the beginning of an inning and couldn't switch until the next inning? I guess I'm wrong!

If you throw a pitch to right hand batter as a right hand pitcher you can't switch arms, but after a better you can if I'm not mistaken.

When I played AABC we had a pitcher who could pitch and hit both left and right handed and would switch every batter depending on the cicumstances.

I worked for St. Louis University's baseball team as a student trainer a few times this season and they talked about playing this kid. Said it was pretty wild and definately difficult with matchups. They did say he wasn't the most overwhelming pitcher they had seen but because he could switch which arm he threw with to each guy it did make him a bit more difficult.

If you throw a pitch to right hand batter as a right hand pitcher you can't switch arms, but after a better you can if I'm not mistaken.

When I played AABC we had a pitcher who could pitch and hit both left and right handed and would switch every batter depending on the cicumstances.

You mentioned you knew someone who could do this in AABC ball. How did the league officals deal with his resting days between starts ? If he threw a complete game right handed could he come out the next day and start left handed ? I believe the rule is in place to protect young kids arms. Just wondering if they did anything differently with him.