Ambidexterous Pitcher for Creighton

STRIKE3

You mentioned you knew someone who could do this in AABC ball. How did the league officals deal with his resting days between starts ? If he threw a complete game right handed could he come out the next day and start left handed ? I believe the rule is in place to protect young kids arms. Just wondering if they did anything differently with him.

He was allowed to come back and pitch the very next day. Technically it's the same kid pitching but since he's not throwing with the same arm, officials allowed it. It just all depended on how many innings he threw with each arm which would be calculated by how many outs he got and batters faced by our coach. Our coach never over threw him.

When we were in Florida for nationals one year in Kissimmee a team tried to protest because he pitched back to back games and won both but since he threw right handed the whole game one game and left the next, there was nothing they could do about it.

About 20 years ago I can remember seeing a blurb in SI about a high school kid that threw a no hitter right handed and turned around in a second game of the double header and threw a 1 hitter left handed. That would be pretty impressive.

Seems like I can remember Joe Magraine from Rowan Co. being able to throw with both arms. Am I correct on that STRIKE3?
Yes he could, excellent memory FB. He could also, punt a football like a pro. One of the better all-around athletes, in recent memory.

Great guy as well, excellent friend.

Pretty cool stuff. Would be interesting to see a pitcher like that in the majors.
Here's a little info, on MLB pitchers, who actually pitched with either hand.

RHP Greg Harris (played with many teams) pitched left-handed once, for the Expos. He's credited, with being the first "modern era" pitcher, to do so.

July 18, 1882

Ambidextrous hurler Tony Mullane of Louisville pitches with both hands in a major league game at Baltimore. Normally a righthander, Mullane switches to the left hand in the fourth inning. He lost 9-8, to Baltimore.

What's interesting is that the pitcher must declare before each batter while a switch-hitting batter can change on each pitch.
....:thumb: I watched him pitch and he had, like 43± innings, without giving up a run....Amazing.