Prediction: Jerry Narron will be fired within a week from today

Fascinating that less than four weeks ago Coffey was given an extension and a raise. As quoted in the paper: According to manager Jerry Narron, Coffey will work through his struggles in the Major Leagues, not in Triple-A. "Todd Coffey is in our Major League bullpen," Narron said when asked if Coffey needed to regroup one level below. "I think Todd Coffey can do a good job." Now Coffey is back in the minor leagues - where he certainly belongs - but only after doing some substantial damage out of the Red's bullpen for longer than he should have been allowed. Perhaps not just Narron's fault alone, but you wonder sometimes if this management has a clue.

Please tell me the next one to go will be Stanton. Honestly, other than in a blowout game to soak up some meaningless innings, why would you want this guy out on the mound? But per No Emotion Narron: "He's had seasons where he's got off to a slow start before. Just keep pitching him. He finished up real strong last year. At some point, he'll turn the corner and get people out."

LOL! Great plan. Just keep letting him get drubbed and perhaps come September when the Reds are pushing the 100-loss mark and other teams are playing their AAA call-ups against them, maybe Stanton will have an effective outing or two.

Unreal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see keeping Stanton as a purely mo-up duty guy to save some other arms, but to say you just keep running him out there until he turns the corner is asinine. To those in charge, in case you didn't notice, your team sucks, has the worst record in baseball and the fans are starting to show as much apathy as your team by not showing up. How does maintaining the status quo help?????

Fascinating that less than four weeks ago Coffey was given an extension and a raise. As quoted in the paper: According to manager Jerry Narron, Coffey will work through his struggles in the Major Leagues, not in Triple-A. "Todd Coffey is in our Major League bullpen," Narron said when asked if Coffey needed to regroup one level below. "I think Todd Coffey can do a good job." Now Coffey is back in the minor leagues - where he certainly belongs - but only after doing some substantial damage out of the Red's bullpen for longer than he should have been allowed. Perhaps not just Narron's fault alone, but you wonder sometimes if this management has a clue.

Please tell me the next one to go will be Stanton. Honestly, other than in a blowout game to soak up some meaningless innings, why would you want this guy out on the mound? But per No Emotion Narron: "He's had seasons where he's got off to a slow start before. Just keep pitching him. He finished up real strong last year. At some point, he'll turn the corner and get people out."

LOL! Great plan. Just keep letting him get drubbed and perhaps come September when the Reds are pushing the 100-loss mark and other teams are playing their AAA call-ups against them, maybe Stanton will have an effective outing or two.

Unreal.

I don't think Narron is making personel decisions, that would be the GM. Now if there was a "when is Krivsky getting fired" thread we could list all of the personel moves, or non-moves.