Prediction: Jerry Narron will be fired within a week from today

I don't see much of a difference.

Consecutive losing seasons, waning fan support, players who have become apathetic.......

Football guys draft and develop their own players. Narron may have a say in the first 3 picks of a baseball draft. On top of that, he doesn't develop anyone. To me, apples and oranges...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree that Narron should go (asap) but I really don't know if the front office will pull the trigger or not. lbbc stated earlier that there are some in a Reds uni that should not be and I agree, imo one of those is Narron.

I still tune in pretty regular, I guess that is called being a fan (or loving misery:D ), I do however watch the Yankees if they are on.

The comment about Crissy and George was right on........all you can do is laugh, thye are jokes along with Day :lol: . (I really cannot watch Day anymore)

Prior to joining FSN Ohio, Day was an anchor and reporter for WBNS-TV and WSYX-TV in Columbus. At WSYX, he co-hosted the Sunday night show, "The Sports Zone." He also worked as the sports director and anchor at WFTS-TV, the ABC affiliate in Tampa, Florida.

Day has received two Emmy Awards and a Community Broadcasters of America award for his work in news and sports reporting. He attended Bowling Green State University and Otterbein College where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications.

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/4568191

:scared:

:lol:

No, because then they would go one game over .500 and the Reds would hire him.

I want Girardi.

I want Girardi too, but don't you think he wants to see what the Boss does in the Bronx before he takes the reigns in Cincinnati? That's why I don't think firing Narron is going to help right now, because you can't get the guy you want in Girardi.

I just have this feeling that Girardi is waiting to see if Torre retires after this season or is fired if things go south fast in the next few weeks.

Is is worth letting Bucky Dent limp the team through the rest of the season just to fire Narron and wait on Girardi by November?

Another mistake made by rookie GM Wayne Krivsky last season, giving Narron a contract extension too soon. Were they afraid he'd leave the Reds? Who would've taken him?

I want Girardi too, but don't you think he wants to see what the Boss does in the Bronx before he takes the reigns in Cincinnati? That's why I don't think firing Narron is going to help right now, because you can't get the guy you want in Girardi.

I just have this feeling that Girardi is waiting to see if Torre retires after this season or is fired if things go south fast in the next few weeks.

Is is worth letting Bucky Dent limp the team through the rest of the season just to fire Narron and wait on Girardi by November?

Another mistake made by rookie GM Wayne Krivsky last season, giving Narron a contract extension too soon. Were they afraid he'd leave the Reds? Who would've taken him?

Krivsky make a mistake?;) I've heard hes the best thing since sliced bread:sssh:

Mattingly will be the next Bombers skipper.

He'll be one of the candidates, but I think Girardi has the inside track. It may come down to if the players respect Mattingly before he lands the job or if "the Boss" likes to have someone talk-back to him in Girardi.

I really don't see an accomplisdhed skipper interested in this job. Small market, combined with failing front office will keep a lot of people away.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ALWAYS talks.

Probably in between. I don't think they're happy with Narron, but also don't want to fire him because it reflects poorly upon them. I very much agree with stark's comment that he'll stay because firing him alone won't fix the Reds and you can't hire the guy you truly want right now anyways. But man, I'd love to wave bye-bye to Mr. No Emotion as soon as possible. He is simply not a quality big league manager.