Governor/Lt. Governor Primary Results

Yeah, but if Ann Northup picked on Jessica Alba I doubt that Ms. Alba would go on television to whine about being picked on by a bully. I have a great idea for a campaign spot. On one side they could show some shots from an Arnold action movie. On the other side they could show little boy Fletcher being picked on by a girl. Not very enlightening, but funny.

Nice and artful spin on your interpretation of Fletcher's response, surely formed by your disapproval of Fletcher, but not worth much more than that. Ann tried her best to make Fletcher look bad. Fletcher responded. Looks like a lot more Republicans agreed with Fletcher's response than Ann's attacks. I'm optimistic that the result will be the same in the Fall when its Beshear making the same attacks. Fletcher's handling of the hiring/firing mess was wrong, but if you are only considering on that when you make your decision to vote for the next Governor you will be focusing on the wart and not the entire package.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and artful spin on your interpretation of Fletcher's response, surely formed by your disapproval of Fletcher, but not worth much more than that. Ann tried her best to make Fletcher look bad. Fletcher responded. Looks like a lot more Republicans agreed with Fletcher's response than Ann's attacks. I'm optimistic that the result will be the same in the Fall when its Beshear making the same attacks. Fletcher's handling of the hiring/firing mess was wrong, but if you are only considering on that when you make your decision to vote for the next Governor you will be focusing on the wart and not the entire package.

The refusal to retreat on any of the AMT package bothers me more than the hiring/firing wart.

The response by Fletcher worked, but I don't understand how. Maybe I'm just too much of a sexist to have any respect for a guy that whines that a girl was picking on him on the way to school. I have a great deal of respect for Mongiardo. It is very unlikely that there is anything Fletcher could do to get my vote.

The response by Fletcher worked, but I don't understand how. Maybe I'm just too much of a sexist to have any respect for a guy that whines that a girl was picking on him on the way to school. I have a great deal of respect for Mongiardo. It is very unlikely that there is anything Fletcher could do to get my vote.
I think you made that fairly obvious from your all your posts, Go Fletcher :laugh:

[/color][/b]I think you made that fairly obvious from your all your posts, Go Fletcher :laugh:

To be fair, I don't think that Fletcher's appeal is so great to the Republicans in this state, as there wasn't a good campaign effort on the part of Northup to unseat him. If I remember correctly, Billy Harper carried the central part of the state as well. I think that had Northup put more effort into the campaign she could have really beaten Fletcher. I can't really figure out why she didn't, but that's water under the bridge.

...there wasn't a good campaign effort on the part of Northup to unseat him....I think that had Northup put more effort into the campaign she could have really beaten Fletcher.

I agree. I think a big part of Northrup's loss rests at the feet of her campaign manager.

It is very unlikely that there is anything Fletcher could do to get my vote.

There is only one thing he could do to get your vote - become a Democrat and then run against a Republican. :thumb:

Also, what has Mongiardo done to earn a "great deal of respect?"

There is only one thing he could do to get your vote - become a Democrat and then run against a Republican. :thumb:

I think you underestimate TrinityAlum's political feelings. This isn't about Democrat vs. Republican.

I think you underestimate TrinityAlum's political feelings. This isn't about Democrat vs. Republican.

Guide me to one post by him where he said anything decent about a Republican and I'll stop laughing.

Guide me to one post by him where he said anything decent about a Republican and I'll stop laughing.

I'll forego that, because you have the same search feature that I have. And, then I'd have to put effort into searching for a positive post by so many others about a Democrat....it would just never end. :p

To be fair, I don't think that Fletcher's appeal is so great to the Republicans in this state, as there wasn't a good campaign effort on the part of Northup to unseat him. If I remember correctly, Billy Harper carried the central part of the state as well. I think that had Northup put more effort into the campaign she could have really beaten Fletcher. I can't really figure out why she didn't, but that's water under the bridge.

Northup carried several central Kentucky counties. However, her campaign was not very well run. I think the central reason has to do with the loss of several of her Congressional campaign managers because she could not afford them. Its a lot different running a race when you are using and raising your own money, than it is when you ahve your hand out to the state and national GOP.

Northup carried several central Kentucky counties. However, her campaign was not very well run. I think the central reason has to do with the loss of several of her Congressional campaign managers because she could not afford them. Its a lot different running a race when you are using and raising your own money, than it is when you ahve your hand out to the state and national GOP.

True. I never thought of that. I just thought that her campaign as a whole had a "half-hearted" kind of feel to it, even here in Louisville. Sort of a hastily prepared kind of feeling...I don't know. I can't put my finger on it.

True. I never thought of that. I just thought that her campaign as a whole had a "half-hearted" kind of feel to it, even here in Louisville. Sort of a hastily prepared kind of feeling...I don't know. I can't put my finger on it.

I think you just did. It was "half-hearted."

I think part of it had to do with her assumption that Daddy Mitch would deliver more national GOP $$$.