Governor/Lt. Governor Primary Results

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor campaign strategy by Northup to attack the Fletcher probe and offer nothing else and to concede NKY to Fletcher did her in.

:thumb: I'd say Beshear was taking notes on that too.

Beshear makes the gambling issue the central focus and it might just rally the Fletcher conservative base who may not be motivated to come out in droves to support Fletcher without an issue to rally around.

I don't think the Stumbo lawsuit will play in many voters' minds at all as most take that to be politics as usual on both sides of the lawsuit.

Beshear makes the gambling issue the central focus and it might just rally the Fletcher conservative base who may not be motivated to come out in droves to support Fletcher without an issue to rally around.

I don't think the Stumbo lawsuit will play in many voters' minds at all as most take that to be politics as usual on both sides of the lawsuit.

Does anyone have any polls on gambling or how they break down by party? It would be interesting to see who supports it.

As far as the Stumbo lawsuit, it's certainly something Beshear can throw in Fletcher's face, especially considering Fletcher's pledge in '03 to clean up Frankfort politics. Anne showed us that you can't run on that alone so Beshear will have to take the lead on some other issues, but I feel it is his to lose.

Poor campaign strategy by Northup to attack the Fletcher probe and offer nothing else and to concede NKY to Fletcher did her in.

:thumb: Northup had an ace if she had attacked Fletcher's tax policies, but she didn't say word one about it.

Its a lot different running a race when you have to use your own money rather than getting it from state and national RNC and from McConnell. I was very disappointed in the overall effort of the Northup campaign.

:Its a lot different running a race when you have to use your own money rather than getting it from state and national RNC and from McConnell. I was very disappointed in the overall effort of the Northup campaign.
I think part of the reason Fletcher did so well in NKY was a total lack of effort in this area. She skipped our most important debate, did little or nothing to counter Fletcher's school prayer attacks, and generally was absent from the local mindset.

I remember hearing/seeing Fletcher advertisements. I received (at least) a half dozen calls, as well as campaign literature from his campaign. I know I got no calls, don't remember any advertisements and don't believe I received any campaign literature from Northrup.

Everything I knew about Northrup I had to look up on her web site.

Hold on, I went through an election process and no politicians bothered me. I might have been blessed.:D
I got a ton of calls. My all-time favorite was the lady who could barely read her speech and couldn't pronounce the name of the candidate -- who I had never heard of, while in the background you could clearly hear other people calling on behalf of other people I'd never heard of.