Governor/Lt. Governor Primary Results

The refusal to retreat on any of the AMT package bothers me more than the hiring/firing wart.

Understood. Keep in mind that when the "reform" was passed, a whole lot of business types and Chamber types supported it. While it should have been corrected in the past session, a whole lot of legislation that should have been addressed was not due to 1. it being the short session; and 2. the political situation given the primary races. Lets hope clearer heads will address the matter in the next session when the general elections are behind us.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guide me to one post by him where he said anything decent about a Republican and I'll stop laughing.

I'll let you do the search, but if you do you'll find a post where I made it a point to say something good about every President of my lifetime. That included Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. While you are doing the search, find me the one where you said something good about a Democrat. As far as Mongiardo, I became a convert last year when they were passing the medical information bill. Mongiardo had been pushing it for several years, but David Williams had kept it bottled up in the Senate because "its time hadn't come". What he meant by that is that no bill sponsored by a guy running for the US Senate was coming out of his KY Senate. That is the same David Williams that called Mongiardo a limp wristed switch hitter. In spite of that, Mongiardo let Williams go around the state pushing the bill and Mongiardo did not point out that the only reason it wasn't law already was Williams playing politics with it. That kind of class in the public interest is why I am a fan of Mongiardo. As far as your response to RM, I don't see the relavence. The post said that the Republican Party, in 2006 needed to pay the price of supporting incompetance. It also pointed out that I never before had voted a staight ticket. I'm not sure how that supported your position. In fact, I think it tended to disprove it. Any more questions?

I'll let you do the search, but if you do you'll find a post where I made it a point to say something good about every President of my lifetime. That included Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. While you are doing the search, find me the one where you said something good about a Democrat. As far as Mongiardo, I became a convert last year when they were passing the medical information bill. Mongiardo had been pushing it for several years, but David Williams had kept it bottled up in the Senate because "its time hadn't come". What he meant by that is that no bill sponsored by a guy running for the US Senate was coming out of his KY Senate. That is the same David Williams that called Mongiardo a limp wristed switch hitter. In spite of that, Mongiardo let Williams go around the state pushing the bill and Mongiardo did not point out that the only reason it wasn't law already was Williams playing politics with it. That kind of class in the public interest is why I am a fan of Mongiardo. As far as your response to RM, I don't see the relavence. The post said that the Republican Party, in 2006 needed to pay the price of supporting incompetance. It also pointed out that I never before had voted a staight ticket. I'm not sure how that supported your position. In fact, I think it tended to disprove it. Any more questions?

I didn't have any questions, other than Mongiardo...a blanket statement by you saying all Republicans needed to go on every level of goverrnment tells me all I need to know. You are extremely partisan, despite trying to say otherwise...

OK, one more question...what was the significance of the medical information bill, and why is it such a big thing??? Not much press about it...

BTW, I don't think Mongiardo is limp wristed...;) j/k, I'm glad his ticket thrashed Stumbo's.

I'll let you do the search, but if you do you'll find a post where I made it a point to say something good about every President of my lifetime. That included Eisenhower, Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II.
I couldn't find a post where you said something good about every president; but I did find the following:

03-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Trinity alum

Some other things [Jimmy Carter] didn't handle so well. The hostage situation in Iran was not handled well. I have always believed that a great power cannnot be held hostage to 53 lives. After the rescue attempt failed I believe there should have been an ultimatum. Release the hostages or the bombs start to fall. It might have sacrificed the lives of the hostages, but it should have been done. Perphaps his biggest failure was a failure to inspire. A great leader needs to inspire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-06-2007, 10:16 AM

Trinity alum

I think you can fault every president since the early 70s for our energy policy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03-06-2007, 08:45 AM

Trinity alum

Worst [president] of my lifetime goes back to Truman.