Fans pre season Top 10 - Class 5A

Woodford returns an entire defense. And Quite possibly the best athlete in Central Kentucky in Shawne Lewis. The district is tough, but definatly not any harder than the Lexington district they were in. They have a very strong Junior calss. It will be tough replacing 4 year starter Trenton Fields at QB.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Mercer County

2. Covington Catholic

3. Highlands

4. Lincoln County

5. Bowling Green

6. Warren Central

7. Johnson Central

8. Montogomery County

9. Doss

10. Clay County or Whitley or North Laurel......somebody from that district has to be there I guess........

I am guessing at the order, but I think the top three are pretty sold and above the rest.

I think your top 10 is pretty good, but my top 3 would be

1. Cov Cath

2. Highlands

3. Bowling Green

After that I think it's anybody's game!

Also, the team should be nice and hungry/angry, since they finished the year 0-2 against arch-rival CovCath, who then went on to win it all (it's been awhile since the 'Birds went 0-2 vs. the Colonels in one year).

My records show it happened in 2004, so it hasn't been all that long ago...

:eek:

My records show it happened in 2004, so it hasn't been all that long ago...

:eek:

I'm pretty sure Highlands beat Cov. Cath. in '04. I think he was trying to think of the last time Highlands lost 2 games in a year to Cov. Cath. I don't know when the last time was but I'm sure it was along time in "Bird Years"

No, it was 2004, Henry. HHS lost to CovCath twice that year by the same identical score both times. :cool:

Oh Pleeeeease someone hit me with the forfeit stick.

Sorry I pay more attention to what happens on the field.

I am going to go out on a major limb and say that this year's Class 5A winner will be the winner of the HHS/CovCath playoff game.

I've heard that HHS QB Clay Cecil has been working hard and improving his passing abilities this off-season. If they can get better at this phase of the game, they are going to be very tough to contend with in 5A.

Also, the team should be nice and hungry/angry, since they finished the year 0-2 against arch-rival CovCath, who then went on to win it all (it's been awhile since the 'Birds went 0-2 vs. the Colonels in one year).

About 90% of the time that game produces a state champ so, I would have to agree with you. I think that CCH will have a few tough games early in the seasons because they have so many new players starting at the varsity level. JV did a good job last season so, I think that when playoffs roll around and they are used to playing with each other that they will be a good team.