How about Josh Hamilton...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, people missed the Josh Hamilton = Roy Hobbs analogy. You must not live in the Cincy Metro Market because it is getting beaten to death.

Ya' think the theme from The Natural will be his at-bat music? Priceless....

Until he walks off of a train and strikes out Babe Ruth in a wheat field, I'm not going to go that far. Roy Hobbs was great for a large part of a season, Hamilton is off to a good start, but let's see how the season plays out. Regardless, this is a great story about a guy taking advantage of his second chance.

I know that it is way early but I personally will be using a write in vote for J. Hamilton on the NL All Star team if this (his) play keeps going the way that it is. What a story this would be :ylsuper: ! Imo right now he is deserving, is anyone with me?

I personally think it could be very damaging to Hamilton if accolades and awards were piled on him this first year back. I'm rooting very hard for this young man to do well, but from my personal experience with recovering addicts, blowing sunshine up his rear may very well do more harm than good. I would like to see him have a good, steady year and get used to the fame and new fortunes. He's quite a unique talent and I hope he has conquered his demons.

I personally think it could be very damaging to Hamilton if accolades and awards were piled on him this first year back. I'm rooting very hard for this young man to do well, but from my personal experience with recovering addicts, blowing sunshine up his rear may very well do more harm than good. I would like to see him have a good, steady year and get used to the fame and new fortunes. He's quite a unique talent and I hope he has conquered his demons.

I understand what you're saying. But as a recovering person myself I tend to see the glass half full as opposed to half empty. He has a very good support system in place and anyone in recovery can relate to "half measures".