How about Josh Hamilton...

It's no different than Hideo Nomo pitching in Japan and coming here to win ROY.

There have been several players who toiled in the minors for a few years before winning ROY. No difference.

Oh trust, I'm not trying to take anything away from Hamilton at all. I'm not trying to say he doesn't deserve Rookie of the Year at all, he has had to go through the same routes as everyone else I do know this. It just seems like he deserves more is all I am saying. After he has endured through so much to get to where he is at now, I just find it hard to categorize him in the same place as someone who works there way through, breaks into the bigs, wins ROY. In my eyes he deserves every accolade he can get whether it being a ROY, Comeback Player, or just anything symbolizing his struggle and self victory.

So don't think I'm trying to down the kid, I'm certainly not. All I am saying is he seems more than a Rookie in my eyes being that he has endured so much more than any rookie ever has. From a playing standpoint, and life standpoint. Im just saying he deserves every honor he can get. And by me saying this should mean a lot knowing I almost despise the Reds.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it is way early but I personally will be using a write in vote for J. Hamilton on the NL All Star team if this (his) play keeps going the way that it is. What a story this would be :ylsuper: ! Imo right now he is deserving, is anyone with me?

Yes sir, I'm with you on that and lets hope that we can have a few more Reds at the All-Star game this season.:thumb:

I know that it is way early but I personally will be using a write in vote for J. Hamilton on the NL All Star team if this (his) play keeps going the way that it is. What a story this would be :ylsuper: ! Imo right now he is deserving, is anyone with me?

If he continues to see more playing time and keeps producing I say he deserves a write in vote and will have mine. I am pulling hard for him to be a success not only on the diamond but in his personal life as well.