Miss Basketball

I don't think that being a member or not being a member effects the eligibility of players. However, it could effect who is eligible for COY.

As for Big Bubba's suggestion that everyone get along, he needs to remember that this is the 16th Region. There is not a high degree of mutual love and respect.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE IS ONLY ONE 2007 MISS BASKETBALL, when coaches vote they need to remember whats important the 2007 season. Winners of this Award should be recognized not because of where you sign in College but on what takes place on the court for that season. After a great career at LCA EMILY LONDON won KY's MISS BASKETBALL AWARD LAST NIGHT WHEN SHE WAS NAMED MVP OF YET ANOTHER TOURNAMENT, THE KHSAA STATE TOURNAMENT. After 3 coaching changes in 4 years London was unquestionably the best leader of any team in this State. She is LCA's all time leading scorer. SHE won MVP in Touchstone All A state cahampionships, MVP in the 43rd district, MVP 11th region (which another player mentioned for this award could not do even when she played on number 1 ranked team in the State) and then ultimately was Last nights MVP of the state tournament. Emily you had great career and have left it all on the court. Its awesome when you can leave your last game in High school as the State Champion. Thanks for the moments over the years we will see you in Birmingham.

Guest Bluto
THERE IS ONLY ONE 2007 MISS BASKETBALL, when coaches vote they need to remember whats important the 2007 season. Winners of this Award should be recognized not because of where you sign in College but on what takes place on the court for that season. After a great career at LCA EMILY LONDON won KY's MISS BASKETBALL AWARD LAST NIGHT WHEN SHE WAS NAMED MVP OF YET ANOTHER TOURNAMENT, THE KHSAA STATE TOURNAMENT. After 3 coaching changes in 4 years London was unquestionably the best leader of any team in this State. She is LCA's all time leading scorer. SHE won MVP in Touchstone All A state cahampionships, MVP in the 43rd district, MVP 11th region (which another player mentioned for this award could not do even when she played on number 1 ranked team in the State) and then ultimately was Last nights MVP of the state tournament. Emily you had great career and have left it all on the court. Its awesome when you can leave your last game in High school as the State Champion. Thanks for the moments over the years we will see you in Birmingham.

Well reasoned and well spoken. Let's hope the voters actually use fairness and common sense when they vote! :thumb:

My guess, Miss Basketball was decided prior to the state tourney. I personally can not remember a Miss Basketball being won or lost during the sweet sixteen. If you go back to 2000, those girls were shoe ins prior to the state tourney, not making any difference how or even if they played in the tourney. Maybe this yr is different w/a lot of talent to choose from but IMO, Bee Gray will be named Miss Basketball in due time.

London had a great Sr yr, as did many others but was kind of an unknown around the state until this yr. MVP awards were developed for players for having great games/tournaments which I am sure there were numerous players win the same award at different tourneys. Miss Basketball, IMO, was developed for players who had great careers. Congrats to Ms London and her team on a great season. All of us involved w/the small schools are proud of you. There is hope if you just work hard.

I agree. Let the coaches decide on the entire career of a player and make the best choice.

This has been my understanding of the purpose of Miss Basketball. I applaud Emily London for her fine accomplishments this season and I said in another thread that she has put herself in the top echelon of candidates. That said, it would be nice for all interested parties to see her career numbers. To date, only one or two have been forthcoming.

Here's hoping Rebecca was not hurt in yesterday's All Star game. I enjoyed watching her. She has the grace and fluid style that I like to see in an athlete.

...and it would have been nice to see her and Emily run the floor together, but don't tell the 16th Region coaches:sssh: ;)

Too late to edit my previous remarks, but I had to return to this thread and add the following...1) I was speaking of Emily Queen in the hushed remarks above and 2) which is too good to have been planned any better...

Emily Queen ended her high school career with a 25 points & 14 rebounds performance in Thursday's Sweet 16 1st Round loss to Pike County Central. That 25 points brought her career points total to 2907, which, if I'm correct, ties her with Rebecca Gray. I can't think of a better player with whom Emily will share such a distinction.

This has been my understanding of the purpose of Miss Basketball. I applaud Emily London for her fine accomplishments this season and I said in another thread that she has put herself in the top echelon of candidates. That said, it would be nice for all interested parties to see her career numbers. To date, only one or two have been forthcoming.

Here's hoping Rebecca was not hurt in yesterday's All Star game. I enjoyed watching her. She has the grace and fluid style that I like to see in an athlete.

...and it would have been nice to see her and Emily run the floor together, but don't tell the 16th Region coaches:sssh: ;)

I am sure they will play together in the KY/IND all-star game.

For a change this year votes for Miss Basketball are not actually due until after the state tournament.

Interesting and thanks for that update. I still don't think the state tourney will have any affect on the outcome for this award!

Since when did Mr or Miss awards become career awards, Are we saying that in big programs where kids don't play varsity until sophomore or even junior years that those players can't win these awards. In basketball you see kids score alot of points because they play in weak districts others may not score the same career points because they play in tough regions for good balanced teams. the player who plays 5 years of varsity sports shouldn't have the advantage on these awards. Statistics as a whole mean nothing as far as the judgement of who deserves awards. The same goes for who signed with what college or was drafted by pro sports teams, these are judgement of potential or the fit of player with a specific team. Just because you sign with Kentucky or Duke in basketball doesn't make you better than the player signing with Tennessee. Kentucky fans know what I mean with Chris Lofton. The Miss Basketball award is suppose to be the player with the best SENIOR year, not Career.

Who knows the correct interpretation/guidelines for Miss Basketball? Obviously, everyone on here interprets this differently. Yrs ago, I had thought it was for the best Sr yr and now I think it's for the career.

Maybe Guru can find out this question we all have or one of you head coaches on here explain to the general public the criteria that is used to determine this award.

I don't think that being a member or not being a member effects the eligibility of players. However, it could effect who is eligible for COY.

As for Big Bubba's suggestion that everyone get along, he needs to remember that this is the 16th Region. There is not a high degree of mutual love and respect.

MOST 16th region schools do get along.