Miss Basketball

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen her match up against the second best player maybe best player she is just junior in Novasell and score 32 points. Remember too Scott is playing the best in the state and nation night in and night out and she always gets hers and some.

There you go...a fairly objective measurement. Catholic and Novosell provide as good a standard as any and I would like to have seen the match-up. I would counter that Queen had 22 & 10 against Catholic (while holding Novosell to 11). I agree that Scott County plays as tough a schedule as any, but Gray has the advantage of a much stronger supporting cast as well.

If you want to start listing accomplishments we may not have enough room.

Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, etc,...for the past 4 years would be a good start.

This is not an argument. I agree with you that Rebecca Gray would be a fine choice...great player and great kid...but an honest look at her career stats (as well as others mentioned in earlier posts) would be of real benefit to all interested parties.

...As a Junior she played on a team ranked in the top ten in the nation by USA Today. She signed with one of the top 5 college teams in the nation.

One might just as well list a player's favorite food.

Probably the main obstacle facing Queen is geography. If Rose Hill were located west of Winchester, she would get proper consideration for the honor. Geography also hurts Terry of Rose Hill and Fortman of Russell. Both of these girls, along with Queen, should be first team all-state.

I agree with Himmelfarb. I am not saying that Gray is not worthy since I have not actually seen her play. But if we are to compare apple to apples we need to see the stats for Gray during her varsity years just as Himmelfarb has provided them for Queen. As a viable candidate for Miss Basketball, someone must have access to these stats. Until I see 'em, I gotta go with Queen.

University of North Carolina signee Rebecca Gray numbers 2907 points 711 rebounds 376 steals and 495 assists. This is against the states and nations best players night in and night out. I guess this is way she is going to one of the nations best college basketball teams. :thumb: Ranked in the top 5!!

University of North Carolina signee Rebecca Gray numbers 2907 points 711 rebounds 376 steals and 495 assists. This is against the states and nations best players night in and night out. I guess this is way she is going to one of the nations best college basketball teams. :thumb: Ranked in the top 5!!

Must be a shooting guard. Titles doesnt matter much anyways. Emily will prove her worthiness once again in a few days.

One might just as well list a player's favorite food.

Wow...you really feel that a player signing with a top 5 nationally ranked team is equitable to their favorite food? If that's the case, I have a high school football player whose favorite food is pizza and he would like a full scholarship to play for Ohio St. or Texas...he's not picky.

For all you Gray doubters, please go to this website. I will list a few of Bee's accomplishmemnts but there are way too many to list on here. You will understand why this young lady is the front runner and why she will be named Miss Basketball for '06/'07 season.

http://scottcountysports.olinesports.com/

Career #'s

2907 pts, 707 reb, 380 steals, 492 asst w/a 4 yr record of 107-17.

She has been named to the all district/all region team all 4 yrs. She has been named all state hon ment/all state 2nd team/all state 1st team. She has made the hon ment list on Street & Smith, top 100 all american nominee for McDonalds. Ranked in the top 25 w/Scout.com and student sports basketball at the guard position. Named most outstanding player at the Beach Ball Classic where she broke her future teammates(Ivory Latta) field goal record. She has been named MVP at the LIT. She has had several double doubles over the yrs and even a few triple doubles.

The list goes on and on. Go to the website, I think everyone will be very impressed, at least those of you who are interested in numbers. Queen is a great player along w/a few others that can even be mentioned w/these two players. Queen and Bee are the top , both w/impressive numbers. I think the awards column would give Bee the edge as she has won just about everything in the state of KY.

Good luck to both.

Thank you for posting this 3ptshooter. I think that this speaks volumes!!!! Like I said earlier "hands down".:thumb:

I think that it is very good of Rose Hill to be proud of there player. She is a good player. But again you wanted Grays stats and accomplishments, so there you go.