Everything posted by Big Bubba
-
Boyd County vs Ashland predictions
Another Rose Hill basher. Enough said! This thread is about Boyd and Ashland not Rose Hill.
-
Boyd County vs Ashland predictions
O.J. was pretty special and so was Walker. I have never seen a kid jump as high as Walker.
-
Boyd County vs Ashland predictions
Man, it is flying tonight. I have told you that I love your avatar...reminds me of a lot of coaches..he he
-
Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
- Boone County v. Russell
Close game maybe some penguins will show up- Greenup vs Russell predictions
Young Skaggs will get his first varsity points- Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
Someone said there was a "Steve Skaggs" sighting in the gym. Maybe he is more interested in his wives alma mater than Scott County.- Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
DNA- Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
I dont have a dog in the fight...it was relaxing not acting like the idiot that I sometimes am at the Girls games...:dancingpa- Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
They are orginally from Boyd County (that should be enough said) Old man has a Grandson that plays for the Hill. Shall we call these birds PENGUINS or a Boyd County HOWDY. Nothing should surprise you, especially a certain coach that took about 30 pages of notes on both of the teams....mmmmmm Maybe he planted those penguins in the stands...he he- Rose Hill 48 Fairview 45
Watched the game but didnt understand some of the concepts from both teams. Thats all I will say about the game other than both teams played hard and emotional.- Newport 52 Russell 21
Should be an interesting game. What many fail to realize because kids are not always committed to developing in the off season, even big schools have lean years. Not as much as small schools but it does happen. Russell parents and fans should get behind their coach and players and help build the system back to what it used to be. If Roger did it at a Football school in Ironton then it can be done at Russell.- Newport 52 Russell 21
When does Russell play again?- Newport 52 Russell 21
Love your avatar! It suits you.- Newport 52 Russell 21
Me, too! This may be the lowest scoring out put in Russell history, along with the State Tournament a couple of years ago. But Dodd is a great coach, he will show them the way. Russell will be fine by the end of the season.- New Season Same treatment
Not to reveal your age but werent you also upset when the ADI didnt cover the sinking of the Titantic? :laugh:- Meet the Devils
I wouldnt compare Kyle to anyone...Kyle is Kyle. My point was that it doesnt hurt all kids to play up. Now I would compare his dad to lets just say...a Noon Ball Wanna Be :dancingpa His dad is also a reflection in the basketball realm of a soup!- Meet the Devils
Rules must have changed. Years ago at Clay County, Richie Farmer played varsity for 7 years. BTW, didnt seem to hurt his game either.- Meet the Devils
Are you suggesting that Rose Hill has a better bench as well?- Meet the Devils
I say things about Rose Hill myself, there are no perfect systems not even in a Christian School but if BC was that good then why the blowout? I am not blasting you. Maybe you should get invovled in coaching as others should. I seen a 2 time, back to back 16th Regional MVP...a Mr. Joey Wells sitting in the stands. I take it that he has a son that plays, why isnt he coaching. I know that he knows a lot about the game.- Meet the Devils
Is he going to the buffet for lunch?- Meet the Devils
His Dad has a double major 1. Business 2. Teaching If he takes a teaching position then Kyle would be eligible to play- Meet the Devils
You failed to mention that we have 3rd Graders driving to school now.- Meet the Devils
How can it not? You think that BC 7th is as talented as RH. Were you at the game? BC couldnt even get the ball across half court for much of the game. IMO, Roger (one of the greatest coaches ever in the 16th) should come down and revamp the BC feeder system, or he is in for lean years in the near future.- Meet the Devils
I see your point but I also think that a good player that works on his/her game and can play should not be punished because of their age. Playing up under the right conditions will do nothing but provide huge dividends for that player when they eventually play against kids their own age. I watched 3 Rose Hill games tonight: 1. Freshman against Greenup 2. Seventh against Boyd 3. Eighth against Boyd Rose Hill demolished those teams and could have beaten them by 50 or more if they wanted to run the score up and they didnt. They main difference is that these kids play up and when they play against kids their age they have no fear and no problems man handling them. Lets look at Kyle Skaggs for example. Should he play up or shouldnt he? If Kyle is good enough to play up then he should be allowed to do so. Why should he be punished because some parents get upset that their child isnt as good as Kyle. Bottom line is this...Kids dont work on their games anymore. Sure some play AAU but that is not the same as developing their weakness into strengths. Maybe Kyle isnt good enough to play JV or Varsity but he should definately be playing above his grade level. And if Russell is as weak as the posters indicate then Dodd may be wise to bring Kyle along at a slow pace and give him valuable minutes this year. - Boone County v. Russell