D'antoni leaving Phoenix for UK?

SouthernSportsFan

^I think that he would be just the guy to be able to spot that special one.

And that's very logical. To predict it at 16-18 over getting Nash in his prime is near impossible. I'd be very excited to see how it played out, but it's far from a flawless system..

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex Chapman and played in the ABA, against the KY Colonels....Known around the UK area.

Here is a link, to Bio.

Mike Dantoni bio

Mike's brother is also pretty good friends with the Scott Co. schools superintendent. Not that that has a whole lot to do with it, but it cant hurt anything.

This would be interesting to see. He would definitely be able to get a lot of athletes and perhaps could spot the right PG every few years that would fit the program. I'm a bit skeptical about this, but I cant say it would be a bad thing just yet.

Mike's brother is also pretty good friends with the Scott Co. schools superintendent. Not that that has a whole lot to do with it, but it cant hurt anything.

This would be interesting to see. He would definitely be able to get a lot of athletes and perhaps could spot the right PG every few years that would fit the program. I'm a bit skeptical about this, but I cant say it would be a bad thing just yet.

:thumb:

Won't happen. Tubby leaving might, but I don't see D'antoni looking at horse farms near Lexington anytime soon.

This is more along the lines of how I feel too... D'Antoni is in an ideal situation... He may not win any championships, but he's easily one of the best coaches in the NBA at this time.

One reason that he might leave, though, is the ownership of the Suns basically declaring that they're more interested in saving money than keeping their stars on the team. I've heard a lot of people say that either Amare or Marion won't be on the team next season so they can save some luxury tax cash.

Interesting to say the least and provides some "water cooler" converation. I personally don't see it happening. If so and I don't believe that it is I would hope that he would play DEFENSE, the Suns have no idea what that word means let alone how to play it. You don't play defense in college basketball and you don't win any titles............................period. "Offense" sells the tickets------"Defense" wins the games.

Interesting to say the least and provides some "water cooler" converation. I personally don't see it happening. If so and I don't believe that it is I would hope that he would play DEFENSE, the Suns have no idea what that word means let alone how to play it. You don't play defense in college basketball and you don't win any titles............................period. "Offense" sells the tickets------"Defense" wins the games.

Does it?

Does it?

Yes..................JMO. I think that I may know what you are leading to here and that would be that Tubby is considerd one of the top defensive coaches in the country and the Cats are jot winning big. Am I right? I agree that you have to have a mix but in w/o U.K.'s defense this season they would have a lot less wins than they have, a lot less. It doesn't matter how many points that you score, if the opponet scores more then you still lose.