D'antoni leaving Phoenix for UK?

SouthernSportsFan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has he done besides win a few regular season games.

Didn't they get beat in the conference championship last year w/o their all star dominating big man?

What did Tubby do before he got to UK? Did he win a title that I missed at Tulsa or Georgia? What did Donovan do before he got to Florida? Were there lots of rings on his fingers? What about Roy Williams before he used another coaches recruits? Were his fingers full of championship jewelry?

I think UK would be in a great situation if they got Mike D'Antoni... I also think that he would adjust his system to fit the college game... He's no fool and understands the talent difference.

Kids dreaming of playing in the NBA would line up to play for a college coach who runs the most exciting team to watch in the league... Fact.

I think this says it all pretty well.

I will take D in a one and out tourney as well as a 7 games series. One off night shooting and you are done.

Defense in a one and done game......

Like someone said.

High octane offense gets you recruits, draws fans, more blowouts, less losses, more national exposure, higher seedings.

Then add defense against teams that CAN score alot.

Most teams could never keep up with the cats in 2 halves of basketball.

We won plenty just cause the opposition finally ran out of gas and players.

Lately, that hasn't happened. We can't look to our bench for top scorers.

Or sometimes the bench should be the starters.

Just because his team in the NBA doesn't defend well doesn't mean it would be like that in the NCAA. For one its a lot harder to defend Pro athletes than college athletes. But when you play the style of uptempo D'antoni does you leave a lot to be desired on the Defensive end. When your scoring a ton of points in the fast break, and taking 3 point shots with no one under the basket you leave long rebounds for quick points going the other way. Its not that his team is bad defensively, its that their style of offense leaves the defense out of position. And if he were to be in the college game is offense will be nothing like the Suns, similar yes but he won't have Nash, Marion, and Amare out there running the floor.