2007 HHS Freshman

BlueBoy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is accurate. He is huge now and his sister is a phenomenal volleball player up at NCC who already has offers I hear. Footspeed will be key for this kid but I wouldnt want to be a DL having to face their size this upcoming freshman year. They could go foot to foot and just run behind those guys.

As to the bolded part, not really. Easiest way to stop big slow offensive linemen is to simply submarine them at the line. They fall down and create the best defensive wall possible. All of these big guys will need to slim down, get stronger and get much quicker. Just lining them up foot to foot and running behind them in their current condition WILL NOT get it done in my opinion.

As to the bolded part, not really. Easiest way to stop big slow offensive linemen is to simply submarine them at the line. They fall down and create the best defensive wall possible. All of these big guys will need to slim down, get stronger and get much quicker. Just lining them up foot to foot and running behind them in their current condition WILL NOT get it done in my opinion.

I heard that the strongest kid in the entire system was only a freshman this past year. Watch out when he is a senior. Even if he wasn't, his attitude led everybody including me to beleive that he would and could live up to any challenge.:ylsuper:

My thoughts exactly. I hear they started working the bleachers yesterday so conditioning should start to improve with the weather.

You have a valid point but simply submarining someone can be done to not just big oversized lineman but also undersized ones as well. If a DL has specific instructions to create a pile, they will do it. They will need to get quicker and if they can develop those kids to be like the Hempfling kid than they will have themselves some nice D-1 prospects in the future.

ON a side note, they had 4 sixth graders show up for 60 minutes yesterday. I thought maybe the kids who don't play AAU Basketball would be out in full force.

You have a valid point but simply submarining someone can be done to not just big oversized lineman but also undersized ones as well. If a DL has specific instructions to create a pile, they will do it. They will need to get quicker and if they can develop those kids to be like the Hempfling kid than they will have themselves some nice D-1 prospects in the future.

ON a side note, they had 4 sixth graders show up for 60 minutes yesterday. I thought maybe the kids who don't play AAU Basketball would be out in full force.

I think that is great! Usually Tues. and Thurs. 60 minutes is made up of mostly 8th graders and maybe a few 7th graders. For sixth graders to show up is fantastic. It's tough for them to be in there lifting with the 8th graders. GO BIRDS

This sounds like the perfect set to throw the ball 25 times a game. Hey, I always say take what they give you, just don't force it.:thumb:

This sounds like the perfect set to throw the ball 25 times a game. Hey, I always say take what they give you, just don't force it.:thumb:

Heck i don't thing they threw the ball 25 times a game when J-Lo and Low Pro were quarterbacking between the 97 and 2000 seasons.

...I find it extremely hard to believe that a FRESHMAN was the strongest kid in the ENTIRE system. What is this statement based on?

I think who M&M is talking about is Donnie Brown, the transfer from Dayton, KY. M&M statement might not be too far off base with the exception of a couple of the weight room rats. I do know this, he would'nt back down to any kid in Highlands system, now he might get knocked down but hes going find a way to beat you some where else. I think the older kids respect him for that and I think you will see him in some starting role this year for the Birds.