Dixie Chicks....so much talent...

RockPride

She can have all the opinions she wants. That is her right. I never cared for their music before Natalie's comments. The fact she felt the need to say them in another country makes me despise her. Then when her pocket book was affected she attempted to appologize for it. What an idiot.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two problems with how they did it. THey want to go on a news show and express their opinion, all for it. They want to call a news conference and rip into Bush, go ahead. But to do it between songs at a concert, I can live without. People are there to hear you sing, not to hear you be political. They watch Bill OReilly for that.

Two, their reaction to their fans not wanting to hear it. They took the position of how dare someone disagree with them. They disagreed with GW and have that right. And when their fans disagreed with them, they didn't think their fans should have that right.

Now, the fans who offered death threats, ridiculous. But don't stand behind your free speech rights and then get upset when someone uses that same free speech right on you.

And it is too early in the game to say what is happening in the Middle East is effective or not. We won't know that true story for another 10-20 years. Remember at one point the US was losing WWII. And that turned out to have positive long-term effects.

The media destroyed the Dixie Chicks for having an opinion. That's abuse of free speech if I've ever heard it. When the American Public votes in a democrat that says he'll pull troops out, then the War or Terror is over. Hillary supported the war, and her rating fell.

I had two problems with how they did it. THey want to go on a news show and express their opinion, all for it. They want to call a news conference and rip into Bush, go ahead. But to do it between songs at a concert, I can live without. People are there to hear you sing, not to hear you be political. They watch Bill OReilly for that.

Two, their reaction to their fans not wanting to hear it. They took the position of how dare someone disagree with them. They disagreed with GW and have that right. And when their fans disagreed with them, they didn't think their fans should have that right.

Now, the fans who offered death threats, ridiculous. But don't stand behind your free speech rights and then get upset when someone uses that same free speech right on you.

And it is too early in the game to say what is happening in the Middle East is effective or not. We won't know that true story for another 10-20 years. Remember at one point the US was losing WWII. And that turned out to have positive long-term effects.

The bold sounds good!!!

Actually, they don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them. They just are celebrating the fact that they've achieved critical succcess despite their "fans" turning their back upon them.

Good for them. I'm glad they had such a successful album. I'll look forward to their next one.

:thumb: This is the great thing about being an American....we are given the opportunity to speak our thoughts without getting shot. You don't have to agree with my opinions but you have to respect my ability to have one. If you don't want to listen to their songs, then you don't have to. If you don't want to listen to their opinions, then you don't have to. But you have to afford them the same opportunity as you take for yourself.

Actually, they don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them. They just are celebrating the fact that they've achieved critical succcess despite their "fans" turning their back upon them.

Good for them. I'm glad they had such a successful album. I'll look forward to their next one.

Change that to political and you're right on the money.

I think they have the right to say whatever they want just like the rest of the country does.

They do, but people also have the right to express their displeasure with whay they say as well.

Freedom of speech does not equal freedon from consequences.

And they did it on foriegn soil. That was where most of the negativity came from. I agree, Dixie Chicks have their right to say what they want. But, in the case of it being during a concert in another country, it was wrong. It really seemed like they needed publicity at the time and got it.

And they did it on foriegn soil. That was where most of the negativity came from. I agree, Dixie Chicks have their right to say what they want. But, in the case of it being during a concert in another country, it was wrong. It really seemed like they needed publicity at the time and got it.

That was my take on it. I felt they were cowards and trying to ingratiate themselves to their audience. If they had said it in Austin Texas I personally would have had a lot less problem with it.

Well I guess I'm taking a chance of getting booooooooooooed off of BGP today but I like the Dixie Chicks. I bought their CD and I love it!!! I do wish they would learn how to act when they get an award but other than that, I think they have the right to say whatever they want just like the rest of the country does.

This is a good post as well...they do have everyright to speak about whatever they want...which they do. They should use some restraint, which they don't. They should suffer the consequences of their actions, which they have,