Dixie Chicks....so much talent...

RockPride

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments they made about the war ended up being true. They were right and allt he Bush backers were wrong. Even Bush admits it. I'm not sure about the Dixie Chicks brains, but they voiced their opinion, were murdered for doing so, refused to waiver on their opinions, and it turned out they were right all along. They are very talented and apparently smarter than the vast majority of the public. Public speaking would certainly be a weakness, but after the last couple of years (getting booed and harassed every time the spoke) can you really blame them for being a little weak in the area?

The comments they made about the war ended up being true. They were right and allt he Bush backers were wrong. Even Bush admits it. I'm not sure about the Dixie Chicks brains, but they voiced their opinion, were murdered for doing so, refused to waiver on their opinions, and it turned out they were right all along. They are very talented and apparently smarter than the vast majority of the public. Public speaking would certainly be a weakness, but after the last couple of years (getting booed and harassed every time the spoke) can you really blame them for being a little weak in the area?

Very good points. :thumb:

I had two problems with how they did it. THey want to go on a news show and express their opinion, all for it. They want to call a news conference and rip into Bush, go ahead. But to do it between songs at a concert, I can live without. People are there to hear you sing, not to hear you be political. They watch Bill OReilly for that.

Two, their reaction to their fans not wanting to hear it. They took the position of how dare someone disagree with them. They disagreed with GW and have that right. And when their fans disagreed with them, they didn't think their fans should have that right.

Now, the fans who offered death threats, ridiculous. But don't stand behind your free speech rights and then get upset when someone uses that same free speech right on you.

And it is too early in the game to say what is happening in the Middle East is effective or not. We won't know that true story for another 10-20 years. Remember at one point the US was losing WWII. And that turned out to have positive long-term effects.

I had two problems with how they did it. THey want to go on a news show and express their opinion, all for it. They want to call a news conference and rip into Bush, go ahead. But to do it between songs at a concert, I can live without. People are there to hear you sing, not to hear you be political. They watch Bill OReilly for that.

Two, their reaction to their fans not wanting to hear it. They took the position of how dare someone disagree with them. They disagreed with GW and have that right. And when their fans disagreed with them, they didn't think their fans should have that right.

Now, the fans who offered death threats, ridiculous. But don't stand behind your free speech rights and then get upset when someone uses that same free speech right on you.

And it is too early in the game to say what is happening in the Middle East is effective or not. We won't know that true story for another 10-20 years. Remember at one point the US was losing WWII. And that turned out to have positive long-term effects.

Actually, they don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them. They just are celebrating the fact that they've achieved critical succcess despite their "fans" turning their back upon them.

Good for them. I'm glad they had such a successful album. I'll look forward to their next one.

Actually, they don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them. They just are celebrating the fact that they've achieved critical succcess despite their "fans" turning their back upon them.

Good for them. I'm glad they had such a successful album. I'll look forward to their next one.

I was not referring to their reaction last night but their reaction when it happened.

I took their initial reaction as filled with arrogance. How dare someone disagree with us. The same arrogance GW bashers accuse him of having. And for the record, if you are President, you gotta have some arrogance in you.

This has been rehashed so many times but for the most part I think people were more upset with their bashing Bush on a personal basis out of the country than for their anti war comments. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw have both spoken out against Bush and have not lost their country base. As for the awards, they deserved to win as this was one of their better efforts and the competition was not that strong.

They have spent a lot of time whinning for people who don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them.

They have spent a lot of time whinning for people who don't have a problem with their fans disagreeing with them.

I haven't heard much out of them recently at all. In fact, even last night they were pretty subdued.

I think at this point, they let their music do the talking...to those that want to hear it.

The issue as I see it is the same one I see repeated on here:

They feel as Americans they have the right to criticize the President and many of their so called "fans" feel they have the right to critic1ze them. Funny thing, those "fans" don't feel the DC's have a right to criticize the President, and the "fans" think the DC's should just lay down and take whatever the "fans" dish out. It works both way, though. Simple enough for the "fans" to deal with....don't buy their work, don't listen to them, don't watch when they appear on tv, don't go to their concerts. But don't tune in to see what they say and then say they don't have a right to say it.

I haven't heard much out of them recently at all. In fact, even last night they were pretty subdued.

I think at this point, they let their music do the talking...to those that want to hear it.

The issue as I see it is the same one I see repeated on here:

They feel as Americans they have the right to criticize the President and many of their so called "fans" feel they have the right to critic1ze them. Funny thing, those "fans" don't feel the DC's have a right to criticize the President, and the "fans" think the DC's should just lay down and take whatever the "fans" dish out. It works both way, though. Simple enough for the "fans" to deal with....don't buy their work, don't listen to them, don't watch when they appear on tv, don't go to their concerts. But don't tune in to see what they say and then say they don't have a right to say it.

No we haven't heard much out of them except for the pretensious movie "Shut up and Sing."

I am relatively indifferent on the matter. I determined on my own long ago that most famous folks are not the most intelligent individuals. Most of them are idealists, which labels them as borderline foolish in my opinion but that is really beside the point.

I enjoy their music and their opinions do not keep me from listening to it. I just disagree with the soapbox mentality of most artist and actors/actresses. Similar to professors who use their positions to try to indoctrinate their students to their way of thinking.

Essentially I am disgusted with abusing power to sway thought. Let people figure things out for themselves.