Elliott County 83 Ashland 75

Seems everyone is concerned about Ashlands cheering section...

So they must see the great team spirit and support they show, win or lose..

I hear they are going to offer classes to other schools that want to form a cheering section!

Shows what great freinds these kids are and how they support each other!!

Man they are so famous they ought to have their own special section to set in for district tourny. Tell them if they open their mouths twice really quick I promise their ears WILL pop.:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott was 7-28(24.9%)

It's not just the percentage that they shot. It is a combination of the fact that they don't stop shooting them (28 attempts), and at what point in the game that they DO hit them.

Very impressive offensive weapon. It definitely changes how you must defend them.

You really ought to give them credit, sportsfan - they earned it.

Frances

Ashland with way to many turnovers to win this one. Back to work for the Tomcats and good luck to Elliott County unless we meet again;)

Elliott County

Ethan Faulkner 18

Evan Faulkner 17

Ferguson 20

51.6% for the field.

Ashland

Bonner 20?

Around 60% from the feild.

Good hard pressure defense seems to have that(turnover's)effect!!:thumb:

It's not just the percentage that they shot. It is a combination of the fact that they don't stop shooting them (28 attempts), and at what point in the game that they DO hit them.

Very impressive offensive weapon. It definitely changes how you must defend them.

You really ought to give them credit, sportsfan - they earned it.

Frances

My post didnt have nothing to do with credit???????? Let me break it down. 24.9% threepoint shooting isn't what one the game! It was the DEFENSE:thumb:

My post didnt have nothing to do with credit???????? Let me break it down. 24.9% threepoint shooting isn't what one the game! It was the DEFENSE:thumb:

I misunderstood the intent of your post. I thought you were saying the 21 points that they got off of the threes that they made, and the fact that they don't stop shooting them didn't contribute.

Frances

you called it Ducker:thumb:

On a side note, where was the Ashland student section?

Team could have used ya tonight, Knipp made a big difference for

Elliot , and Drew Mcdavid having to sit with some foul trouble was the big difference in the game, Bonner and Mcdavid were getting and 1's early and the second half they couldnt find them, but give credit to elliot for that. Elliot shot the ball well. Faulkners hit some BIG shots too

Heard the Ashland radio announcer call T. Knipp a weak string bean when he first went into the game, must not have been too weak he had 11pts 2reb 3 blocked shots didn't seem very weak to me. This kid is only an eighth grader look out Ashland for four more years of the weak string bean.:banana: :jump: :laugh:

Congrats to Elliot on a big win. Elliot has established themselves one of the 16th region favorites along with Russell and Ashland. A person still shouldn't count out Rowan either. Elliot has a very young team but they are VERY good, when they get the 3's rolling they can beat anyone. That has been proven. Ashland will regroup and you can count on that.

This seasons 16th region imo should be one of the best played in a long time. Ashland, Russell, Elliot, Rowan, Rose Hill and Boyd could all make some noise. I'll still stay with Ashland, Russell and Elliot (in no paticular order) as my favorites.

Can someone from Ashland tell me why the JV team looks like they have gone backwards. I not just talking about the L at Elliott Im talking about the 5w 9L record. And worst of all no one seems to care. These kids where a lot better players at the end of last season and at the start of this season, so someone tell me whats going on!

Thanks, scooterbob. It's good to see you finally getting over that constant need you used to have, to try to belittle Ashland whenever you could. :thumb:

Frances

Why, thank you, Frances. Actually, as I typed the positive statement about your favorites, I was wondering just how you would go about turning it into a chance to take a shot- veiled or otherwise. You didn't disappoint me.

I'll give you another compliment and see how you react to it. The improvement of Ashland from last year to this year can be attributed to the change of occupants in the head coach's chair. So far, Bud has been impressive.

Heard the Ashland radio announcer call T. Knipp a weak string bean when he first went into the game, must not have been too weak he had 11pts 2reb 3 blocked shots didn't seem very weak to me. This kid is only an eighth grader look out Ashland for four more years of the weak string bean.:banana: :jump: :laugh:

There's a shocker, the Ashland radio announcer making fun of a kid.

Why, thank you, Frances. Actually, as I typed the positive statement about your favorites, I was wondering just how you would go about turning it into a chance to take a shot- veiled or otherwise. You didn't disappoint me.

I'll give you another compliment and see how you react to it. The improvement of Ashland from last year to this year can be attributed to the change of occupants in the head coach's chair. So far, Bud has been impressive.

I would agree that Buddy Biggs has Ashland playing a different style, and that it was time (if not past time) for a change in the head coach. I haven't really been keeping track of how Mike Flynn has been doing this year, but like you, I wish him all the best.

I'm surprised that you felt that my reply was some sort of shot taken at you. I took your compliment, and returned it with one of equal sincerity. :thumb:

Frances