Angel Reese (LSU) Declares For WNBA Draft

11 hours ago, theguru said:

Assuming that is the case, and I am not being argumentative with you, I don't understand why any big time female college star would leave early.

If Caitlin Clarke can really get $5 million from Ice Cube for competing in the Big 3, that's a good incentive to bounce and not have to take classes.

But she's obviously the outlier. I agree with you.

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If Caitlin Clarke can really get $5 million from Ice Cube for competing in the Big 3, that's a good incentive to bounce and not have to take classes.

But she's obviously the outlier. I agree with you.

Now maybe it is $10 million, lol. 

18 hours ago, theguru said:

Assuming that is the case, and I am not being argumentative with you, I don't understand why any big time female college star would leave early.

I think it's more about endorsement money than salary, perception of fans, and you no longer have to pretend to be a student in many cases. I think many of these young women are being sold that they will cause the WNBA to explode like the women's college game is doing. If that occurred the salary base and earning opportunities would increase......but I think that's a big maybe.

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

I think it's more about endorsement money than salary, perception of fans, and you no longer have to pretend to be a student in many cases. I think many of these young women are being sold that they will cause the WNBA to explode like the women's college game is doing. If that occurred the salary base and earning opportunities would increase......but I think that's a big maybe.

The WNBA isn't going to explode and I would shocked if it ever does.  

I agree on endorsement money and for Angel that has to mean she already has some of those endorsements lined up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree on endorsement money and for Angel that has to mean she already has some of those endorsements lined up. 

That eye lash endorsement has to be locked up already lol. I think many of the NIL agreements are designed to roll into the professional ranks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Generally speaking, I agree with you. One advantage the WNBA may be able to tap into is that it is an almost exclusive USA product. I've mentioned this before, but I am not sure people capture how international the NBA game is becoming. It would not shock me if it was over 50% international in 10 years.

11 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Generally speaking, I agree with you. One advantage the WNBA may be able to tap into is that it is an almost exclusive USA product. I've mentioned this before, but I am not sure people capture how international the NBA game is becoming. It would not shock me if it was over 50% international in 10 years.

I would love to see the WNBA become more popular and I will leave it at. 

WNBA needs to figure out a way to get the game and the personalities of the players in front of more people, even if it means nearly giving away the TV rights to anyone willing to broadcast games 4 or 5 nights a week. A series like Hard Knocks that follows the players behind the scenes, would go a long way with driving interest from casual fans on a human nature level. Put in the ELAM Ending, to make the end of more games interesting and competitive. Heck I'd even support 4 point shots in the last minute of each quarter.

WNBA isn't going to win over fans with just pure skilled playing...go out on a limb and try something besides the normal rolling the balls out.

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

This, a thousand times over!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

This!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

Agree 100%

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Bill Burr has a hilarious bit on women not supporting the WNBA, and I think of that whenever this topic comes up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...