Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Angel Reese (LSU) Declares For WNBA Draft

Featured Replies

16 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

Double Deuce too.

Turtle Wax, maybe. 

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Randy Parker
    Randy Parker

    Double Deuce too.

  • I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well… The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start suppor

  • Tranquility Base
    Tranquility Base

    A lot of the WNBA players also play overseas during the WNBA off season, which is why Brittany Griner was in Russia.   I know there are a lot of European leagues as well as some in Australia.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, theguru said:

Assuming that is the case, and I am not being argumentative with you, I don't understand why any big time female college star would leave early.

If Caitlin Clarke can really get $5 million from Ice Cube for competing in the Big 3, that's a good incentive to bounce and not have to take classes.

But she's obviously the outlier. I agree with you.

3 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

If Caitlin Clarke can really get $5 million from Ice Cube for competing in the Big 3, that's a good incentive to bounce and not have to take classes.

But she's obviously the outlier. I agree with you.

Now maybe it is $10 million, lol. 

18 hours ago, theguru said:

Assuming that is the case, and I am not being argumentative with you, I don't understand why any big time female college star would leave early.

I think it's more about endorsement money than salary, perception of fans, and you no longer have to pretend to be a student in many cases. I think many of these young women are being sold that they will cause the WNBA to explode like the women's college game is doing. If that occurred the salary base and earning opportunities would increase......but I think that's a big maybe.

1 minute ago, 9068 said:

I think it's more about endorsement money than salary, perception of fans, and you no longer have to pretend to be a student in many cases. I think many of these young women are being sold that they will cause the WNBA to explode like the women's college game is doing. If that occurred the salary base and earning opportunities would increase......but I think that's a big maybe.

The WNBA isn't going to explode and I would shocked if it ever does.  

I agree on endorsement money and for Angel that has to mean she already has some of those endorsements lined up. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

The WNBA isn't going to explode and I would shocked if it ever does.  

I agree on endorsement money and for Angel that has to mean she already has some of those endorsements lined up. 

That eye lash endorsement has to be locked up already lol. I think many of the NIL agreements are designed to roll into the professional ranks

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The WNBA isn't going to explode and I would shocked if it ever does.  

I agree on endorsement money and for Angel that has to mean she already has some of those endorsements lined up. 

Generally speaking, I agree with you. One advantage the WNBA may be able to tap into is that it is an almost exclusive USA product. I've mentioned this before, but I am not sure people capture how international the NBA game is becoming. It would not shock me if it was over 50% international in 10 years.

11 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Generally speaking, I agree with you. One advantage the WNBA may be able to tap into is that it is an almost exclusive USA product. I've mentioned this before, but I am not sure people capture how international the NBA game is becoming. It would not shock me if it was over 50% international in 10 years.

I would love to see the WNBA become more popular and I will leave it at. 

WNBA needs to figure out a way to get the game and the personalities of the players in front of more people, even if it means nearly giving away the TV rights to anyone willing to broadcast games 4 or 5 nights a week. A series like Hard Knocks that follows the players behind the scenes, would go a long way with driving interest from casual fans on a human nature level. Put in the ELAM Ending, to make the end of more games interesting and competitive. Heck I'd even support 4 point shots in the last minute of each quarter.

WNBA isn't going to win over fans with just pure skilled playing...go out on a limb and try something besides the normal rolling the balls out.

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

33 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

This, a thousand times over!

37 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

This!

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

Agree 100%

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I’ve shared this “hot take” several times in several places, sometimes it’s not well received, but oh well…

The WNBA, and women’s sports in general, will never be popular until women start supporting them. 

Bill Burr has a hilarious bit on women not supporting the WNBA, and I think of that whenever this topic comes up. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.