Angel Reese (LSU) Declares For WNBA Draft

10 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

It’s been a roller coaster ride for sure. 

No doubt.   She has nothing left to prove in college and despite public statements, I think there is a major butting of heads between her and Mulkey.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, theguru said:

Will she be able to make more money in the WNBA next year than she can make by staying in college?

Absolutely not, if we're talking about base WNBA salary. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

Will she be able to make more money in the WNBA next year than she can make by staying in college?

The highest paid player in the WNBA is making $252,000 this year. 

53 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Absolutely not, if we're talking about base WNBA salary. 

52 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

The highest paid player in the WNBA is making $252,000 this year. 

I guess I am asking about the total compensation package and what is available beyond base salary that can mostly be counted on. 

19 minutes ago, theguru said:

I guess I am asking about the total compensation package and what is available beyond base salary that can mostly be counted on. 

I don't know that there's really much "compensation package" in the WNBA. Outside of endorsements, that's pretty much what they make. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't know that there's really much "compensation package" in the WNBA. Outside of endorsements, that's pretty much what they make. 

I don't know the answer to this and I feel a little dumb but are professional athletes permitted to have NIL Deals or do they need to negotiate directly with corporations like Nike or Draft Kings or L'Oréal.  For example, I think both Angel and Caitlin are excellent candidates for shampoo sponsorship, they both have long, beautiful hair. 

8 hours ago, theguru said:

Nope. She will struggle against some of the leagues bigs. Her marketability will suffer.

3 minutes ago, 9068 said:

Nope. She will struggle against some of the leagues bigs. Her marketability will suffer.

Assuming that is the case, and I am not being argumentative with you, I don't understand why any big time female college star would leave early.

17 hours ago, theguru said:

Outside of those with shoes & commercials there isn't much compensation here in the states.  That's why so many of them go overseas during the off season & play.  They make way more money over there.