Vanderbilt at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Vandy
    • Kentucky

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/2024 at 02:12 AM

The Commadores of Vandy (8-21) (3-13) travel up from Nashville to take on the Cats of Kentucky (21-8) (11-5) in the Cats last home game this season. The game is not until 9:00pm on Wednesday night on the SECN. Vandy is coming off a 14 point home loss to LSU 75-61. The Cats are coming off a hard fought home win over Arkansas 111-102. Go Cats!!

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

UK is tied with Auburn for 4th. They will catch either South Carolina or Tennessee if they win their last two games.

Only problem with catching South Carolina is South Carolina will have the tiebreaker. If UK catches Tennessee, then that means they would have split their games for the year and I have no idea how the tie breaker works for that. I would assume they may use NET rankings, which doesn’t help UK then. 

20 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Only problem with catching South Carolina is South Carolina will have the tiebreaker. If UK catches Tennessee, then that means they would have split their games for the year and I have no idea how the tie breaker works for that. I would assume they may use NET rankings, which doesn’t help UK then. 

I just looked it up and the tiebreakers work like this:

1) Head-to-head
2) Best winning % versus the highest seeded common opponent
3) Coin flip

Three-team (or more) tiebreaker

1) Best winning % of games played among the three teams
2) Best winning % of the tied teams vs. the highest seeded common opponent
3) Coin flip
4) Blind draw

If I am looking at it correctly, not one team has a top-four seed locked up. The path for UK to get a top 4 seed looks challenging. That LSU loss is going to come back to bite them. You can say the same about the Florida loss, but they stole the game in Gainsville, so I am treating that as a wash.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

I just looked it up and the tiebreakers work like this:

1) Head-to-head
2) Best winning % versus the highest seeded common opponent
3) Coin flip

Three-team (or more) tiebreaker

1) Best winning % of games played among the three teams
2) Best winning % of the tied teams vs. the highest seeded common opponent
3) Coin flip
4) Blind draw

If I am looking at it correctly, not one team has a top-four seed locked up. The path for UK to get a top 4 seed looks challenging. That LSU loss is going to come back to bite them. You can say the same about the Florida loss, but they stole the game in Gainsville, so I am treating that as a wash.

Based on that, UK has the tiebreaker advantage on Auburn and Alabama. 

• Like 1

Timeout Kentucky with Vandy leading 22-16. Vandy has hit 3 three pointers and they all 3 have been wide open due to direct drives and players having to help to stop drives and they kick out for the open 3.