Nations Elite 2024 way too early 6A rankings

Tigerpride94

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Nations Elite doesn't mess around!

The 2024 Kentucky High School Football season is a long way off but I would have a hard time ranking anyone but Trinity #1 considering their QB situation. 

I would also like to know their basis for ranking Simon Kenton, Bullitt East, and Ryle so high.

Do we think Male is going to be that bad?

SK returns some top talent  the 6A leading rusher and 2000 plus yard passer. They will be ready!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, theguru said:

Nations Elite doesn't mess around!

The 2024 Kentucky High School Football season is a long way off but I would have a hard time ranking anyone but Trinity #1 considering their QB situation. 

I would also like to know their basis for ranking Simon Kenton, Bullitt East, and Ryle so high.

Do we think Male is going to be that bad?

Do the rankings look a bit off…sure, but as far as Bullitt East is concerned, they do return 16 starters (8 offense & 8 defense) & had a freshman class with a bunch of talent this year that should help on varsity next year.  I believe Coach Kendrick & company have another very solid year next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The rankings and all-state teams in Kentucky are almost always laughable. I know that Jason and a few of the coaches put a good amount of time and thought into them, but it almost always delves into self promotion and bias when you have people who either have never seen the other side of the state play or ventured outside of their class being relied on for their vote.

The fact that Trinity plays the schedule they do and wins the large class title against some really good teams this year and has exactly ZERO first-team all state players on the CJ team is laughable at best. Brady McEnaney has been the best middle linebacker in the state for two years now. Carson Hilbert was 11 for 13 in field goals, was a game changer in the semifinals and finals, and was tremendous punting it all year long. Matthew Higgins dominated at left tackle against a ton of D-1 talent and anchored one of the best rushing teams in the state.

As Bob used to say, you can't rely on somebody out in the state or in the media to count awards for you. We have Balfour to do that!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, #RockNation said:

The rankings and all-state teams in Kentucky are almost always laughable. I know that Jason and a few of the coaches put a good amount of time and thought into them, but it almost always delves into self promotion and bias when you have people who either have never seen the other side of the state play or ventured outside of their class being relied on for their vote.

The fact that Trinity plays the schedule they do and wins the large class title against some really good teams this year and has exactly ZERO first-team all state players on the CJ team is laughable at best. Brady McEnaney has been the best middle linebacker in the state for two years now. Carson Hilbert was 11 for 13 in field goals, was a game changer in the semifinals and finals, and was tremendous punting it all year long. Matthew Higgins dominated at left tackle against a ton of D-1 talent and anchored one of the best rushing teams in the state.

As Bob used to say, you can't rely on somebody out in the state or in the media to count awards for you. We have Balfour to do that!  

There are always going to be deserving kids who are left off 1st team, 2nd team, etc.  There are only so many spots.  Just curious, in order to place some of the kids you mentioned, who are indeed solid football players, on the 1st team, you would have to take someone off.  In your opinion, who should be taken off?

21 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

There are always going to be deserving kids who are left off 1st team, 2nd team, etc.  There are only so many spots.  Just curious, in order to place some of the kids you mentioned, who are indeed solid football players, on the 1st team, you would have to take someone off.  In your opinion, who should be taken off?

Fortunately enough for me, I am not a coach and do not have to make that decision. What I would like to see however is maybe a preselected panel of willing coaches, administration and media coming together for an award and recognition that is of this caliber. That way much more thought, representation and discussion can go into naming some of these young men "the best in the state."

Jason and his team of writers and photographers for sure have done a tremendous job with this each year and the presentation online and in the actual paper is something I always look forward to. I do want to make that clear. I also like how H-L does the Top 50 list and I know Mike Fields always did a great job as well. As a program, it is understood that Trinity will often times not be considered for the awards for whatever reason. But when a kid has proven it game after game and I hear opposing coaches talk about what a difference maker our players are and how they have to be game-planned around, and then to see them not mentioned past the third team really irks me. If you don't want to vote for us out of some preconceived notion, that's fine and we get it. But it really takes the award down a notch when the players who actually represent what the spirit of the recognition is about are discarded like this.

FWIW, this is solely my opinion and not in any way shape or form do I represent Trinity in this discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1