Nations Elite 2024 way too early 6A rankings

Tigerpride94

14 hours ago, #RockNation said:

The rankings and all-state teams in Kentucky are almost always laughable. I know that Jason and a few of the coaches put a good amount of time and thought into them, but it almost always delves into self promotion and bias when you have people who either have never seen the other side of the state play or ventured outside of their class being relied on for their vote.

The fact that Trinity plays the schedule they do and wins the large class title against some really good teams this year and has exactly ZERO first-team all state players on the CJ team is laughable at best. Brady McEnaney has been the best middle linebacker in the state for two years now. Carson Hilbert was 11 for 13 in field goals, was a game changer in the semifinals and finals, and was tremendous punting it all year long. Matthew Higgins dominated at left tackle against a ton of D-1 talent and anchored one of the best rushing teams in the state.

As Bob used to say, you can't rely on somebody out in the state or in the media to count awards for you. We have Balfour to do that!  

I thought the C-J All State is voted on by KHSAA head coaches, not the C-J staff? Coulda sworn I saw Frakes post that he received 126 coaches ballots this year.

This tweet is relevant to the conversation, not so much the thread, but I think Jason is saying in point #2 if your coach does not kiss a lot of babies and shake a lot of hands too bad on missing out on the team.  And point #1 looks like some form of "shut up stupid."  Anywho, here is tweet:

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 2:34 PM, theguru said:

This tweet is relevant to the conversation, not so much the thread, but I think Jason is saying in point #2 if your coach does not kiss a lot of babies and shake a lot of hands too bad on missing out on the team.  And point #1 looks like some form of "shut up stupid."  Anywho, here is tweet:

Yeah I don't know if I agree with the second statement...Coach Cobb doesn't get on social media really at all and still has a really full plate...IMO, if the C-J/media narrowed it down to 3 or 4 candidates at each position and added a stat line, I think that would help a lot of this...A kicker with exactly 0 field goals should probably not make the second team, to my point

• Like 1