"If OSU played in the SEC, they might have lost 3 or 4 games"

ladiesbballcoach

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070111/SPT01/701110367/1078/COL02

During most of his time at the University of Florida, tailback DeShawn Wynn never was eager to do media interviews.

In fact, he would not talk to reporters for part of his college career. He is a quiet player who prefers to focus on his job rather than seeking attention.

But now that his college career is over - and capped with a national championship earned in Florida's 41-14 victory over Ohio State in the BCS National Championship game Monday night - Wynn has taken the opportunity to speak out.

"It feels great that I was able to finish my career this way," the senior, a graduate of Reading High School, said. "Nobody had given us a chance to win this game and we're national champions. Even up until (game day) we were considered the underdogs. We were prepared for this situation. We started thinking about it, even before we played in the Southeastern Conference championship game, that if we got (to the title game) we'd be the underdogs."

"I'd probably say there are at least four teams in the SEC that are better (than Ohio State)," he said. "We were prepared for this game because of all the teams we played in our conference."

And then he smiled and took one more jab at his home-state team.

"If Ohio State had been in the SEC, they might have lost three or four games," he said.

A parting shot from an Ohio native who, typical of his career, quietly played a major role one final time for the Gators.

Third day and it still brings a smile to my face to say Florida Gators, National Champions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'd probably say there are at least four teams in the SEC that are better (than Ohio State)," he said. "We were prepared for this game because of all the teams we played in our conference."

And then he smiled and took one more jab at his home-state team.

"If Ohio State had been in the SEC, they might have lost three or four games," he said.

Florida's SEC games:

09-16 at Tennessee 9-4 (5-3) 19 21-20 W

09-23 Kentucky 8-5 (4-4) 31 26-7 W

09-30 Alabama 6-7 (2-6) 70 28-13 W

10-07 LSU 11-2 (6-2) 7 23-10 W

10-14 at Auburn 11-2 (6-2) 8 17-27 L

10-28 Georgia 9-4 (4-4) 29 21-14 W

11-04 at Vanderbilt 4-8 (1-7) 86 25-19 W

11-11 South Carolina 8-5 (3-5) 26 17-16 W

12-02 Arkansas 10-4 (7-2) 15 38-28 W

Florida's SEC games:

09-16 at Tennessee 9-4 (5-3) 19 21-20 W

09-23 Kentucky 8-5 (4-4) 31 26-7 W

09-30 Alabama 6-7 (2-6) 70 28-13 W

10-07 LSU 11-2 (6-2) 7 23-10 W

10-14 at Auburn 11-2 (6-2) 8 17-27 L

10-28 Georgia 9-4 (4-4) 29 21-14 W

11-04 at Vanderbilt 4-8 (1-7) 86 25-19 W

11-11 South Carolina 8-5 (3-5) 26 17-16 W

12-02 Arkansas 10-4 (7-2) 15 38-28 W

Not exactly cupcakes on there, UK gave more of a game than tO$U did:lol:

The Ohio State team that I watched all year didn't show up. Florida was the better team on Monday night but I doubt they would lose 3 or 4 games in the conference.

Or did they? I don't feel Florida is 4 TD's better but Ohio State did nothing on either side of the ball to indicate they were anywhere close to being as good as advertised.

The Ohio State team that I watched all year didn't show up. Florida was the better team on Monday night but I doubt they would lose 3 or 4 games in the conference.

Troy Smith holds the ball. He's had time to hold it all year. If OSU played Florida 50 times all 50 times they wouldn't let him hold the ball. They were too fast up front.

If Ohio State had played the same conference schedule:

@Tennessee - struggle, but probably a win

Kentucky - win

Alabama - win

LSU - struggle, but being a home game would perhaps swing the game. Also, the date would factor in; LSU wasn't as good early

@Auburn - struggle, but win; Tigers had no offense

Georgia - win

@Vanderbilt - win

South Carolina - win

Arkansas - struggle, but win; Arkansas could score enough

I think Ohio State likely would have run the table, but I can see a 6-2. You can't judge a whole season in one game.

Kentucky - win

Alabama - win

LSU - struggle, but being a home game would perhaps swing the game. Also, the date would factor in; LSU wasn't as good early

Georgia - win

@Vanderbilt - win

South Carolina - win

I think Ohio State likely would have run the table, but I can see a 6-2. You can't judge a whole season in one game.

So the guy that said they weren't as good as 4 or 5 teams doesn't know what he is talking about? From the articles I've read he doesn't seem like a trash talker, they have him labeled as quiet or reserved which is why the comment is getting a lot of credit. Ohio State didn't have the athletes to play with Florida. They couldn't block them up front and in every aspect of the game (minus Ginn's return) they seemed a step slower than Florida. Speed kills and OSU didn't have enough.

I figure Ohio State would have lost 2 or 3 games against that schedule. It does say a little something that Florida beat OSU far worse than any other team on their SEC schedule. The didn't dominate a single opponent the way they did the Buckeyes...

But now that his college career is over - and capped with a national championship earned in Florida's 41-14 victory over Ohio State in the BCS National Championship game Monday night - Wynn has taken the opportunity to speak out.

And if a frog had wings the he wouldn't ...............you know the rest.:lol: This kid was obvioulsly gloating over a well deserved win over a team that with him being from Ohio that he probably wanted to play for. Imo that was the youth in him talking to publicly make that statement.

I also think they run the table. There most certainly are NOT 4-5 teams in the SEC better than Ohio State. They were not the same team that showed up all season, neither was Florida.

:thumb: I agree 75. that is not to take anything away from Florida (they proived themselves) or the SEC (obviously the best conference in the nation).

Kentucky - win

Alabama - win

Georgia - win

@Vanderbilt - win

South Carolina - win

Pretty good assessment.:thumb:

And if a frog had wings the he wouldn't ...............you know the rest.:lol: This kid was obvioulsly gloating over a well deserved win over a team that with him being from Ohio that he probably wanted to play for. Imo that was the youth in him talking to publicly make that statement.

http://sptimes.com/2007/01/05/Sports/Strange_twist_of_fate.shtml