"If OSU played in the SEC, they might have lost 3 or 4 games"

ladiesbballcoach

No way!!! You would have gotten leg cramps at about the 45 and the kicker would have made the tackle.:laugh:

I used to be able to scoot, but you're probably right.

The only thing I know for sure is that the kicker wouldn't make the tackle.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you never heard me crown Tressel. He happened to receive the benefit of a blown call at the right time to win a title. His other claim to fame is beating Michigan over the years, also not impressive IMO. I didn't call for for blitzing, but you can't stop a 6 yard pass from 15 yards away. I don't think the DC gave OSU much of a chance. I picked UF to win (you could look it up). I agree UF had superior talent (read speed) but the coaching was less than stellar.

Somebody hates OSU.:sssh:

Reread, big guy. I said I think they would go 8-0 in conference, but I could easily see them finishing 6-2 against that schedule. Some people think because Florida handled Ohio State that the Buckeyes instantly became a terrible team. Name one team in the country that could have played with Florida on Monday night, considering the way the Gators played? I'm not sure there are any.

If you read, I gave justification for my predictions for every game. I just think the schedule would have played into Ohio State's hands, much like it did Florida's.

I could name atleast two big guy...USC and LSU. Yeah I know LSU already got beat by UF earlier in the year, but LSU's defense is alot better than OSU's defense and at the end of the year they were playing as good as anybody in the country..Then of coarse there is USC I definitely think USC could have very easily played with Florida on Monday night. I mean USC has the offense and defense. Not to mention that they also have the speed to play against SEC teams, as evident by the butt whopping they put on the SEC West champions this year.

Going into the year people thought OSU defense could hurt them since they lost 9 starters, but since they didn't play any good offenses till the last two games of the year it made their defense look alot better than it actually was. So if they were in the SEC IMO their defense would have been exposed alot earlier in the year and probably would have came away with a couple of losses during the year...

Isn't OSU 0-9 vs. SEC in bowls? And you think they would go 8-0 in the SEC??? Evidently the awful thrashing they took didn't remove all the blinders...

Can I get a date on those bowl games?! They covered nine different seasons, not all in one year. So it isn't relevant to compare what Ohio State has done against SEC teams in the past. I have no blinders and have no love for Ohio State. All I'm saying is that IF Ohio State had played the exact SEC schedule as Florida (same game dates, too), then they COULD have went 8-0. They COULD have went 6-2.

Its my humble opinion that if they had played the same schedule at the same time as Florida, they would have won every game. I think they would have beat LSU in the Horseshoe on October 7. They wouldn't have beat them the last game of the season. How hard is that to understand?

Blinders are worn by several on this board. Apparently one bad performance means a team couldn't compete with anyone. I guess those are the same people who said Boise couldn't play with Oklahoma because they lost to Georgia LAST YEAR.

Can I get a date on those bowl games?! They covered nine different seasons, not all in one year. So it isn't relevant to compare what Ohio State has done against SEC teams in the past. I have no blinders and have no love for Ohio State. All I'm saying is that IF Ohio State had played the exact SEC schedule as Florida (same game dates, too), then they COULD have went 8-0. They COULD have went 6-2.

Its my humble opinion that if they had played the same schedule at the same time as Florida, they would have won every game. I think they would have beat LSU in the Horseshoe on October 7. They wouldn't have beat them the last game of the season. How hard is that to understand?

Blinders are worn by several on this board. Apparently one bad performance means a team couldn't compete with anyone. I guess those are the same people who said Boise couldn't play with Oklahoma because they lost to Georgia LAST YEAR.

I understand what you are saying but can you give your reason for why you think they would. I mean as we seen the last two games of the year for OSU, their defense was way overrated and would have played alot more better offenses in the SEC than they ever did in the Big 10. Plus they would be playing faster defenses that could match the speed of OSU on offense. So I dont thinmk they would have lost 4 or 5 games like the player said, but I definitely see atleast 2 losses in their for them...

Pretty good assessment.:thumb:

and all hypothetical...Sure, you can say what may have happened, but, in reality, I don't see OSU running the table in the SEC...I don't think theres 4 teams better, but, there are 5 or 6 who could compete with them...I could definately see 2 losses as a probability...

No Florida played a good game agaisnt the Cats. As far as going to saying Florda had so mucht ime to prepare for OSU, well OSU had the same ammount. I dont think OSU would have beat LSU, even at the Horseshoe. OSU went with a weakness that nobody cared to notice this year, and that was they had no pass defense. I believe a good team who can throw the ball could beat OSU. I think LSU would have spread them out nicely. A team that likes to power it alot wouldnt stand a chance agaisnt OSU.