"If OSU played in the SEC, they might have lost 3 or 4 games"

ladiesbballcoach

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida played the perfect game, no one can deny that. OSU's Big Ten schedule didn't get them ready for Florida's speed, obviously. I don't think Florida's DE got blocked the entire game, Troy Smith had no time to look down field and throw. Losing are fastest offenseive and special teams threat didn't help either. Florida was amazing and I'm in no way taking anything away from them.

If Ohio State had played the same conference schedule:

@Tennessee - struggle, but probably a win

Kentucky - win

Alabama - win

LSU - struggle, but being a home game would perhaps swing the game. Also, the date would factor in; LSU wasn't as good early

@Auburn - struggle, but win; Tigers had no offense

Georgia - win

@Vanderbilt - win

South Carolina - win

Arkansas - struggle, but win; Arkansas could score enough

I think Ohio State likely would have run the table, but I can see a 6-2. You can't judge a whole season in one game.

So basically your saying OSU would have went undefeated with UF's schedule, even though UF lost a game with that schedule. Also not to mention that UF not just beat but destroyed OSU in the title game...Im sorry but I dont see anyway they go undefeated. Their offense I think is better than what we saw in the championship game, but that defense was way overrated. The offenses in the Big 10 except for UM was not that good, and the only outside of conference game came against Texas who had a QB playing in his 3rd game ever. Their defense would have let them down in the SEC and they would not have went undefeated. I say they probably would have around 2 losses with that schedule...

Florida could have kept passing and probably could have scored at least 2 more TD's. They called off the dogs. It could have been much uglier than it was. I think that has to be a factor in weighing whether or not this comment has merit.

:thumb: Thanks for ther article, I heard the t.v. crew saying that OSU took Clarrett in that year and not Wynn. (bad choice on the Buckeyes part the way that turned out). Wynn is a heck of a player and my earlier post was not meant to cut him at all.

Apparently is bothered Tressel that he put as much effort as he did into Wynn and Wynn didn't seem to care. Tressel saw him play live twice.

Florida played the perfect game, no one can deny that. OSU's Big Ten schedule didn't get them ready for Florida's speed, obviously. I don't think Florida's DE got blocked the entire game, Troy Smith had no time to look down field and throw. Florida was amazing and I'm in no way taking anything Losing are fastest offenseive and special teams threat didn't help either.away from them.

Had they showed any sign of slowing down Florida's passing attack then Ginn might have been a factor, but Florida could have scored more points than they did.

Apparently is bothered Tressel that he put as much effort as he did into Wynn and Wynn didn't seem to care. Tressel saw him play live twice.

I don't know, maybe so. Anyway it is all over now. My Buckeyes got their butt's handed back to them by the Gators, no excuses or whining to it. Now on to next season and I will still be behind the Buckeyes.

Had they showed any sign of slowing down Florida's passing attack then Ginn might have been a factor, but Florida could have scored more points than they did.

Losing Ginn,jr. hurt but when the "D" line is in the backfield faster than you are:eek: it doesn't matter.

True, the defensive strategy of the Buckeyes was to make the Florida offense have long sustained drives due to the fact that over half of their scoring plays on offense were of 40+ yards. Therefore, Ohio State played a very soft cover 2 and Chris Leak played spectacular and the Bucks clearly underestimated the speed of Florida.

Looking at OSU in retrospect is kinda unfair. They did not come to play on 1/8/07. However, throughout the season they were tough and to try and predict what coulda or woulda happened if they played in the SEC is waste of electrons....

Were they tough all season or was their level of competition not tough?