Trinity 51 Simon Kenton 20

TheDeuce

Congratulations to Trinity on the impressive win. I believe this game clearly shows how much separation there is between the 6A schools of NKY and Louisville. This Trinity team isn’t close to other past teams and they did it with ease. Congratulations to Trinity again and to Simon Kenton on a nice season. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

Congratulations to Trinity on the impressive win. I believe this game clearly shows how much separation there is between the 6A schools of NKY and Louisville. This Trinity team isn’t close to other past teams and they did it with ease. Congratulations to Trinity again and to Simon Kenton on a nice season. 

Hey, at least SK’s OL is really big!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, fatsnbul said:

As I said, Louisville speed is just different.

I have always been a Roy Lucas Jr fan since he was at Lloyd, however, going for it on 4th and long inside your 40 in the third seems like a concession.

This is the worst trend coaching - going for it on 4th in your own territory. Horrible decision every time. You are handing points to your opponent.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StraightShooter said:

Has it been a running clock every playoff game with Neers vs Rocks? I did not expect a running clock last night, but that second half was total domination. I’d love to see T’s kicker make a D1 roster. Stud!

Yes…

60-0, 52-0, 48-0, 72-0, 49-17, 50-13.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

This is the worst trend coaching - going for it on 4th in your own territory. Horrible decision every time. You are handing points to your opponent.

I've made this decision more than a few times, and in this case, I don't have a problem with SK making this call. They were going to have to score a bunch to beat Trinity, and the only way they would be able to come out ahead was to take advantage of every possession. They weren't going to stop Trinity whether they gave them the ball in their own territory or 35 yards downfield, especially if you don't trust your punting game (not sure how good SK's punt team is). Clearly, SK's strength is their offense and they'd much rather have that group on the field to make a play than their suspect defense that had given up a ton of points all year. Now in a close game, between two more evenly matched teams, I would agree with punting. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I've made this decision more than a few times, and in this case, I don't have a problem with SK making this call. They were going to have to score a bunch to beat Trinity, and the only way they would be able to come out ahead was to take advantage of every possession. They weren't going to stop Trinity whether they gave them the ball in their own territory or 35 yards downfield, especially if you don't trust your punting game (not sure how good SK's punt team is). Clearly, SK's strength is their offense and they'd much rather have that group on the field to make a play than their suspect defense that had given up a ton of points all year. Now in a close game, between two more evenly matched teams, I would agree with punting. 

So you can't stop the other team's offense and the solution is give them a short field? 

I get the point on maximizing offensive possessions but you can't give away points and make it even more difficult for both your offense and your defense.

• Like 2

Thanks for the broadcast BGP!

SK coaches did a great job.  The uptempo start and pushing the ball aggressively were the way to go at Trinity. A couple of plays could have made this game play out more closely but the result isn’t any different.  The SK lines were worn out by halftime, Trinity had too much speed,  and SK has a hard time with Trinity’s physicality as the game went on.

• Thanks 1

On the ride home, which was not as long as predicted, (we spent more time in the Arby's drive-thru before the game than on the ride home, but my sandwich and drink were tasty, so it was a wash) we noticed a roadside stand selling video games.  We stopped for a minute to browse and this particular item caught my eye:

740165907_MaddenCurse.png.f3aed409835bd8721c22678069a5f565.png 

I asked the proprietor about this intriguing piece of Americana.  He said it was a one-off produced for a mysterious customer known only as MC44 and who never came back for it. I inquired about the price, he mystically stated "to some it is worthless, to others priceless".

Some may think the Madden Curse is real.  There is a long list  at https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/what-is-the-madden-curse/ of players that have succumbed to it.  You be the judge...

• Like 4
  • Haha 7