Mason 56 Brossart 33

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very proud of the Royals with such a great win over the Mustangs. :ylsuper: (I wasn't expecting it to be that big of a gap) Some of the players really stepped it up when the big guy was in trouble on the bench with fouls. Should be interesting in February for the rematch. Will BB come out with a vengance and play harder to win, or will we have the same outcome meaning Mason really is the better team? This one win against BB doesn't necessarily mean that they are better. It could be that BB had a rough night. Afterall, they did have several games in a row. However, if Mason comes out and wins again in February, I think that we might have something set in stone. (Which I think we will see happen!)

Go Royals! :banana:

I think Brossart picked a really bad time to go cold from the field. 1-19 shooting will not get the job done regardless who you are playing.

The only thing the Mustangs can do is learn from this and move on. I still think that the regional is a 3 team race.

Look at it this way, if (and a big if) Brossart beat Mason by the same score, would we say that the regional would be a 2 team race between GRC and Brossart? Of Course not!!!!!! The Mustangs will regroup from this loss, move on, and hopefully be better prepared down the road for the regular season matchup.

I feel like the officiating was horrible on both ends and, thus, had no effect on the outcome of the game. Mason County was simply the better team on that night. They again showed that they are not a one man team.

I tend to somewhat disagree with you on that statement. Because the way the game was called in the first quarter, it took both teams out of their game. Score was 6-4. Mason Co made the adjustment second quarter, but Brossart didn't , allowing Mason to get the big lead, which they could not overcome. Now I am not saying that the refs took the game from Brossart, because it affected Mason too. Mason made the adjustment and Brossart didn't. That is something they will need to work on.

Not surprised that MC won by double digits but definitely surprised they won this big

Home court makes a big-big difference, especially with that crowd behind you and no fouls being called. Game was way too rough and we all know that. It seens the way refs call anymore would take all the fun out of playing. :argue:

I feel like the officiating was horrible on both ends and, thus, had no effect on the outcome of the game. Mason County was simply the better team on that night. They again showed that they are not a one man team.

Notetaker, I agree with your comments. The better team made the adjustments without their big man on the floor and Brossart didn't take advantage therefore justifying who was the better team on the floor Saturday night. There was just too much energy on the floor for the blue and white and too much speed for Brossart. One of the Royals strengths is that they can look past their first five.

I am not a BB fan or MC fan.From my seat at midcourt second row this game was called terrible.As long as Mason can play their hacking swarming D,they will beat about anyone.Also they let them crash the boards anyway they wanted and no calls were made.I would never say this cost BB the game because I think Mason would win every time they play but it really helped with the point spread.

Gold Sunrise, you validated my point with your statement. Teams have to make adjustments in every game in order to come out on top. Mason County made the adjustments. Neither team got the upper hand on the calls by the referees, therefore, the officiating didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Middleton has had the flu bug,Thats why he didnt start last night or tonight hes been sick.Mason was also without top reserve Ethan King again with an ankle sprain.

WOW! Beating a very very good Brossart team by 23 with basically 2 starters out. Miller only scoring 10pts. This is very bad news for the rest of the 10th region teams.