Mason 56 Brossart 33

OK. We just went through that thread in a heartbeat and managed to talk about 10% of the game. I'll admit I was one of them not talking about the game. Let us move on, please.

Mason won this one and really did show up on the defensive end of the court. With that effort every game they could hold anyone to under 40.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason plays very well together. Miller plays so unselfishly, a thing you don't see with many stars these days. He helped to neutralize Cooper who is definitely a horse on the inside. Setty is very smooth, and if Middleton is on a roll they are very tough.

Mason plays very well together. Miller plays so unselfishly, a thing you don't see with many stars these days. He helped to neutralize Cooper who is definitely a horse on the inside. Setty is very smooth, and if Middleton is on a roll they are very tough.

Middleton did very little, IMO. I think this game was won by Setty and Scott. They played fearless, and I think both knew when Darius went out in the first with 2 fouls that they had to step up. I really like that Scott kid, effort wise, he leaves it on the floor, he may not be the best but your going to get his best.

Middleton did very little, IMO. I think this game was won by Setty and Scott. They played fearless, and I think both knew when Darius went out in the first with 2 fouls that they had to step up. I really like that Scott kid, effort wise, he leaves it on the floor, he may not be the best but your going to get his best.

Middleton has had the flu bug,Thats why he didnt start last night or tonight hes been sick.Mason was also without top reserve Ethan King again with an ankle sprain.

Brossarts only chance was to go up early and then slow the game down and had a great game plan into the first 4 minutes of the game when they were taking it at Miller and got him into foul trouble early in the first quarter(might add the 2nd foul was cheap) but unless Brossart can grab a 10 point lead early and make Mason play at their pace then its evident Brossart can't play at Mason's up temo style. Without Mason getting after it on the defensive side, then I think you have the slow down game but Mason is so long and forces so many turnovers. Great win and players stepped up and that is what good teams do. Miller had a double double so not really sure what containing means unless someone expects him to go for 31 everynight. Great win for the Royals and oh by the way many were wrong in their predictions:sssh:

Middleton has had the flu bug,Thats why he didnt start last night or tonight hes been sick.Mason was also without top reserve Ethan King again with an ankle sprain.

I figured there was something behind that. I really thought Mason's pressure defense out on the wings was the difference in the game. Brossart never at one point looked to cut the Mason Co. defense in half with penetration.

I really feel that this game was a great game after you throw one quarter away (2nd quarter). If you minus that quarter, Brossart would have only been down by 7-8 points, but hey that's what good teams do. They seize the moment to jump on Brossart. Brossart missed their "moment" in the first quarter. Mason wasn't hitting shots and Brossart had key Mason players in foul trouble. But credit to Mason there, the rest of the team played through it and outplayed Brossart while being depleted. And again credit to their defense.:thumb:

Sidenote:

I really don't think Mason Co. saw the true Brossart.

Brossarts only chance was to go up early and then slow the game down and had a great game plan into the first 4 minutes of the game when they were taking it at Miller and got him into foul trouble early in the first quarter(might add the 2nd foul was cheap) but unless Brossart can grab a 10 point lead early and make Mason play at their pace then its evident Brossart can't play at Mason's up temo style. Without Mason getting after it on the defensive side, then I think you have the slow down game but Mason is so long and forces so many turnovers. Great win and players stepped up and that is what good teams do. Miller had a double double so not really sure what containing means unless someone expects him to go for 31 everynight. Great win for the Royals and oh by the way many were wrong in their predictions:sssh:

You have to admit Brossart's Jimmy Uebel did a good job on Darius defensively. I'm really looking forward to the rematch of these two teams onn Febuary 13th. Should be another physical game between what is two really good teams.

Brossart will bounce back. They will not quit, Coach Code will not allow that.