Football Ticket Sales

What is the benefit of using the GO FAN app for ticket sales. Is there a share of sales with the schools? 

The cost of a ticket for Central Hardin at Butler tonight is $10.00. Just 2 years ago ticket prices were $5.00?

For a high school football game and a family of 4 this is $40.00.

Are schools starting to price families out of the market with an increase in ticket sales that include the GOFAN app charge?

• Like 1

It started with Covid.  (Don't have to touch anything.)

But has quickly turned into ease of administration.  Don't have worry about change (small bills that is).

It is also an easier tracking system.  You get a report after the game that tells you total sales and the money you made.  But fans certainly pay more.  I think alot of athletic budgets got decimated by Covid and everyone is raising prices to help cover some of that and overall inflation of running these programs.

I personally don't like it, but really sure that's not an issue.  I think it's here to stay, unfortunately.  Only a matter of time before it creeps down into the JV/Freshman levels too.

• Like 4

@Purple88 summed it up pretty well. It’s easier for the schools, don’t have to worry about cash on site, and it’s easier to track.

I buy a season pass every year. I just look at it as a donation. I go to all the games unless I’m sick or something. But even if I didn’t, I would buy the season ticket just as a donation.

I do wish the season ticket would be a little bit cheaper than the individual ticket, but it’s not a huge deal.

Bowling Green has five actual home games and the season pass was $45 including the fees. So that’s $9 a ticket.

• Like 2

The total with a processing fee for an away game at Butler was $11.00. I am 56 years old and have never paid $11.00 for a HS regular season game. I can understand supporting a local school with a season pass but to pay this amount for an away game is a first. I have heard from a handful of CH Bruin supporters that will not be going due to costs of taking a student and family members. Is there any student discount on GO FAN? No!

Ok, my rant is complete!!

16 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

The total with a processing fee for an away game at Butler was $11.00. I am 56 years old and have never paid $11.00 for a HS regular season game. I can understand supporting a local school with a season pass but to pay this amount for an away game is a first. I have heard from a handful of CH Bruin supporters that will not be going due to costs of taking a student and family members. Is there any student discount on GO FAN? No!

As bad as Butler is, they should probably be dropping the price. Hard enough to get people to come to their games. They will get a good gate when St. X plays at their place later in season.

29 minutes ago, Hardin County Preps said:

I know some schools are giving a sports pass to all students either for free and really cheap.

1 hour ago, BiggestFan said:

The part about schools not wanting to deal with cash is sad. IMO

They usually take cash at the concession stand.

Ever since Covid - no consistency.

I’m actually good with that. I don’t carry cash most of the time. But usually if I’m going to a high school game I’ll bring some just cause you never know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hardin County Preps said:

What is the benefit of using the GO FAN app for ticket sales. Is there a share of sales with the schools? 

The cost of a ticket for Central Hardin at Butler tonight is $10.00. Just 2 years ago ticket prices were $5.00?

For a high school football game and a family of 4 this is $40.00.

Are schools starting to price families out of the market with an increase in ticket sales that include the GOFAN app charge?

I can agree with pricing the family unit out of it. I actually kept up with what my family spent on going to games for 4 straight years while my oldest son was in high school.

I put together a package and sent it to the school. Everything together on average during the season cost us an extra $75/week. This was for tickets and gas but also the occasional snack at a game because you get off work just in time to make it and have no other choice. 

Now add in that you have other kids in different levels of football and other sports and you can see how it could get crazy in a hurry. Once everything was put together for our family, I was right around $450 a month during football season total. 

Soon as football season ends, tickets for basketball started to add up quickly. 

I only brought this up because if you have a family of 4,5, maybe even 6, you will price out a lot of people from bringing their family to watch their siblings play on a regular basis. 

If you are single or a couple and only go to home games and an occasional road game, it's not gonna get to you near as much as what @Hardin County Preps described. 

We were fortunate to be able to make it with the extra incurred cost and I would do it all over again all day, all I'm saying is, as a bigger family unit, I know many families in town who I talked to that said they couldn't afford to attend their child's games. 

I've bought lots of tickets to make sure others could watch their child as well as I knew the joy it brought watching our own. 

We are a big sports family who enjoys watching all PT sports all throughout the year. Sorry for the long post, but it can definitely get in your budget if you aren't careful. I know we all have different situations, but at least here in Paducah, what I described happens more often than you think to the bigger families. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Just now, newarkcatholicfan said:

Has online sale only for tickets hurt attendance?

IMO, I don’t believe online only tickets have hurt attendance, but schools utilizing and having more accessibility to online streaming services certainly have. 

Those who are going to the game regardless of how they have to buy their tickets are certainly still going to go, but for the “tweeners” who have no plans, and enjoy a solid Friday night game, who don’t have kids or family friends that play can watch from the comfort of their own homes. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheConch said:

IMO, I don’t believe online only tickets have hurt attendance, but schools utilizing and having more accessibility to online streaming services certainly have. 

Those who are going to the game regardless of how they have to buy their tickets are certainly still going to go, but for the “tweeners” who have no plans, and enjoy a solid Friday night game, who don’t have kids or family friends that play can watch from the comfort of their own homes. 

No phone, no tickets.

• Haha 1