5 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Updated:

Week 8 Games: Oct 9-Oct 15
Wed Oct 12 Dixie Heights at Campbell County 6:00pm
Wed Oct 12 Simon Kenton at Ryle 6:00pm
Thu Oct 13 Cooper at Beechwood 6:00pm
Thu Oct 13 Covington Catholic at Conner 6:00pm
Thu Oct 13 Boone County (Froshmore) at Ludlow (Froshmore) 6:00pm

Ryle beat Simon Kenton tonight. I believe I heard it was 48 to 28. Ryle continues to roll. 

16 hours ago, NKYRaider said:

48-26, I believe it was 48-14 w/ the starters. 

Verax w/ 300+ yards, 4 or 5 (can’t recall) TD’s, 0 INT’s. 

Verax played a good game. He is a smart QB and between him and his coaches they know how to manage a football game very well. 

But can we stop with the blanket 300+ passing yards 4-5 TD for every game. See his stats below for last night's game.....

In 3 QTR of play.....

Passing: 12-22 155 yards 2 TDs - He had an 81 yard TD pass that was a bomb to one of his receivers (5?) that was beautiful. He also had some nice passes that were called back for penalties. I'm guessing that is were you are thinking he had 300+? 

Rushing: 10 Carries 107 yards - Could be 86 yards if you include the yardage lost on sacks.

1 Fumble for loss - Botched handoff to 41.

I love reading about all of the talent in NKY and I really want to believe what I read but when I read something and witness something completely different it's super irritating that a grown adult would inflate numbers that much. 

With all that being said, this is not a knock on Verax. He has a really bright future; especially with the talent he has around him. That Ryle team should be a force to recon with in 4 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Exciting to hear about the future stars of Ryle and the team.  This leads to next question, will Ryle be able to compete with Trinity and St. X in the coming years so they can bring home a 6A state title back to Union?

I hope they make it happen.  Pressure on the Ryle HS coaching staff to make this happen.

28 minutes ago, Ruffy38 said:

Verax played a good game. He is a smart QB and between him and his coaches they know how to manage a football game very well. 

But can we stop with the blanket 300+ passing yards 4-5 TD for every game. See his stats below for last night's game.....

In 3 QTR of play.....

Passing: 12-22 155 yards 2 TDs - He had an 81 yard TD pass that was a bomb to one of his receivers (5?) that was beautiful. He also had some nice passes that were called back for penalties. I'm guessing that is were you are thinking he had 300+? 

Rushing: 10 Carries 107 yards - Could be 86 yards if you include the yardage lost on sacks.

I love reading about all of the talent in NKY and I really want to believe what I read but when I read something and witness something completely different it's super irritating that a grown adult would inflate numbers that much. 

With all that being said, this is not a knock on Verax. He has a really bright future; especially with the talent he has around him. That Ryle team should be a force to recon with in 4 years.

I was wondering the same thing about the 300 plus yards every game. I watched some of last night's game on the SK FB page just out of curiosity. I think Verax will be good but he is quite inaccurate at this point. Makes nice things happen with his legs and has some good talent around him. I have no dog in this fight but I have seen him compared to the Frosh QB at Cooper. On film, the Cooper player is way ahead at this point simply because he has now played almost an entire season at the Varsity level. Over the last few games, he has become much more confident. They both will hopefully continue to grow and get stronger. They both need some time in the weight room but hey, they are 14 years old. Ryle and Cooper should feel good about these two over the next few years. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ruffy38 said:

In 3 QTR of play.....

Not sure why a grown adult would be so irritated by someone posting updates for a Frosh game in a forum for Frosh scores!

But, for starters, I estimate the yardage because I'm certainly not totaling them up, like apparently you did. 

He did have 4 TD's (not 2): 2 to Lee, 1 to Coppola, 1 rushing (+1 25-30 yarder called back). 

I also didn't see Coppola's 2nd TD. I thought it was a pass from Verax, but it was his first carry of the season. That was about 50 yards or so.

Regardless, 262 (if that's what it was) yards, 4 TD's, and 0 INT's in 3 quarters is a solid game, don't you think? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

I was wondering the same thing about the 300 plus yards every game. I watched some of last night's game on the SK FB page just out of curiosity. I think Verax will be good but he is quite inaccurate at this point. Makes nice things happen with his legs and has some good talent around him. I have no dog in this fight but I have seen him compared to the Frosh QB at Cooper. On film, the Cooper player is way ahead at this point simply because he has now played almost an entire season at the Varsity level. Over the last few games, he has become much more confident. They both will hopefully continue to grow and get stronger. They both need some time in the weight room but hey, they are 14 years old. Ryle and Cooper should feel good about these two over the next few years. 

Good thing everyone is entitled to an opinion and maybe some of the negativity toward a 14 year old comes from someone posting a lot of positives about them so some adults feel the need to tear them down? or.. Feel worried much that the other person isn't getting enough hype? The Cooper love train has been in the fast lane all year and their QB has a world of potential and has grown a lot over the year and will have a successful career. To call Verax inaccurate shows you aren't watching games other than some time in the rain last night he has been accurate all year long but it fits your narrative and to say one has played varsity is better because of that is true it should make you better  but getting to play varsity was about being somewhere where you had the opportunity to do so not talent or skill v the other as Ryle was already set at QB good that he took advantage of the opportunity at Cooper.

I do agree with you that both programs should feel great about their current and future of the position the next 4 years along with supporting casts but don't think we should disparage kids in places they can see it - I also agree too many positives where they can see can be problematic but I would rather see that than looking to knock them to argue with someone.  

The best part of knowing both is neither has an ego. they are good friends and both support the other in everyway along with being happy for each other's successes. So that would be my takeaway for everyone is they are great KIDS and young men who will have fantastic careers when it's all said and done. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Not sure why a grown adult would be so irritated by someone posting updates for a Frosh game in a forum for Frosh scores!

But, for starters, I estimate the yardage because I'm certainly not totaling them up, like apparently you did. 

He did have 4 TD's (not 2): 2 to Lee, 1 to Coppola, 1 rushing (+1 25-30 yarder called back). 

I also didn't see Coppola's 2nd TD. I thought it was a pass from Verax, but it was his first carry of the season. That was about 50 yards or so.

Regardless, 262 (if that's what it was) yards, 4 TD's, and 0 INT's in 3 quarters is a solid game, don't you think? 

Its irritating because it's a blatant lie. 

It was 2 TDs. I have the film. I recorded it myself. I went back and totaled it up because of your comment about him having 4-5 TD and 300+ yards. It is simply not true. He did have a 2 TD called back; one for holding and one for a block in the back. Both were pretty long TDs too. 

I don't think you read my entire post. I agree that his stats and a 30+ point victory is one heck of a solid game! I am not taking shots at the kid. Everyone in NKY knows the kid can ball out. My post was really about stopping with the inflating numbers. That is it. If your going to post comments about stats make them realistic. 

19 minutes ago, Ruffy38 said:

Its irritating because it's a blatant lie. 

It was 2 TDs. I have the film. I recorded it myself. I went back and totaled it up because of your comment about him having 4-5 TD and 300+ yards. It is simply not true. He did have a 2 TD called back; one for holding and one for a block in the back. Both were pretty long TDs too. 

I don't think you read my entire post. I agree that his stats and a 30+ point victory is one heck of a solid game! I am not taking shots at the kid. Everyone in NKY knows the kid can ball out. My post was really about stopping with the inflating numbers. That is it. If your going to post comments about stats make them realistic. 

Blatant lie, huh? OK, fella. Please try to follow the math. Ryle scored 48 points:

Verax had 3 passing TD's (2 to Lee, 1 to Coppola) + 1 rushing yards= 28 points

Huston had 2 rushing TD's, Coppola had 1 rushing TD's (missed 1 kick)= 20

They also had 2 passing TD's called back (1 to Lee for 25 yards, 1 to Workman, which was the long one you referenced).