This Got Called Back For Taunting

Walter

19 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Refs love to assert themselves into games, terrible call.

Not good officials. That was a weak call. His observer, assignor, and league office will be involved (quietly) in this situation. Person may get a week or two off to reflect on that call. I don't think the player's action was the intent of the rule/point of emphasis.

Ref also said something to Josh Whyle Saturday... "Don't be excessive" per his mom when asked about it. 

Let the kids have fun. Unless they're showing up a defender and in their face after scoring, who cares if they dance or celebrate by themselves or with teammates. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

Ref also said something to Josh Whyle Saturday... "Don't be excessive" per his mom when asked about it. 

Let the kids have fun. Unless they're showing up a defender and in their face after scoring, who cares if they dance or celebrate by themselves or with teammates. 

I prefer that over simply watching and then deciding to throw the flag, especially in a game that ended up being decided by one score. 

I just hate how subjective the rule can be. What is excessive. I may laugh and think something was clever and in good fun while you fume about the same action as being egregious. 

15 hours ago, bulldog77 said:

Did anyone consider what he might have SAID to earn the call?  Agreed, if based solely on the visual, it's a horrible, egregious call.  But what might he have said?   Just a thought.

This is where I'm at. Surely something must have been said, which then would have been directly to a player, thus taunting. 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, bulldog77 said:

Did anyone consider what he might have SAID to earn the call?  Agreed, if based solely on the visual, it's a horrible, egregious call.  But what might he have said?   Just a thought.

Good point.