3. Owensboro -- OPEN

4. Woodford County at Madison Southern

5. Covington Catholic -- OPEN

6. Southwestern vs. Whitley County

7. Graves County -- OPEN

8. Cooper at #10 Conner (10/7)

9. Pulaski County at North Laurel

10. Conner vs. #8 Cooper (10/7)

Graves probably gets punished this week with a bye and with the 8 and 10 playing one another. But they have a chance to possibly move into the top 5 next week, when them and Owensboro square off. Big test for both teams.

Sorry, just pumped for that game! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

Graves probably gets punished this week with a bye and with the 8 and 10 playing one another. But they have a chance to possibly move into the top 5 next week, when them and Owensboro square off. Big test for both teams.

Graves has been underrated the last few years as well.

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I’m pumped too! Expecting a very competitive down to the wire type of game. Don’t know how confident I am in my Devils with wimsatt gone and a few starters out. This could be graves yr to make the deep run.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

In the last 7 years, Graves hasn't made it past round 2 of the playoffs.

I’m talking about the last 2 - and that is because of Owensboro.  Case in point, Fairdale has made it to round 3, and was ranked and Graves was definitely better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In the last 7 years, Graves hasn't made it past round 2 of the playoffs.

We struggled a bit after 2014, but last year and this year we have had very solid teams. Just been in Owensboro shadow the last couple of years. Had a chance to beat them last year in the playoffs, but couldn’t score in the redzone on our final drive.

It was mainly just a talent drought those 5 years. We have some very good underclassmen and the middle school program appears to be very healthy and talented as well. Hopefully, we are here to stick around this time around. 

7 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

Hopefully, we are here to stick around this time around. 

Will be interesting to see what KHSAA does with 5A Districts 1 and 2 next realignment cycle.

I'm expecting Christian County to move to 6A.  With that, it only leaves BG, GW and South in District 2 with 5 teams in District 1.  How do you mix those up and not create a super-district with BG, South and O in the same district?  If that happened Graves would certainly rule the roost over in District 1.  Will be interesting.