BluegrassPreps Class 5A Football Rankings 10/4

theguru

22 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Will be interesting to see what KHSAA does with 5A Districts 1 and 2 next realignment cycle.

I'm expecting Christian County to move to 6A.  With that, it only leaves BG, GW and South in District 2 with 5 teams in District 1.  How do you mix those up and not create a super-district with BG, South and O in the same district?  If that happened Graves would certainly rule the roost over in District 1.  Will be interesting.  

Graves is an outlier - Is there another 5A school close?  Owensboro to Graves is about 2 hours, probably a little more for BG to Graves.  Christian county would be closer, but Breck (Harned KY) is almost 3 hours from Graves.  That would be like Owensboro in Freddie D's district.  Very Western KY doesn't have a lot of 5A.

Personally I would love the super district with BG, O and SW (you would each be battle tested by playoffs), but by round 2, 1 would be out each year.  I like cross-district play the first 2 rounds then RPI - not sure what is happening next year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brown said:

Graves is an outlier - Is there another 5A school close?  Owensboro to Graves is about 2 hours, probably a little more for BG to Graves.  Christian county would be closer, but Breck (Harned KY) is almost 3 hours from Graves.  That would be like Owensboro in Freddie D's district.  Very Western KY doesn't have a lot of 5A.

Personally I would love the super district with BG, O and SW (you would each be battle tested by playoffs), but by round 2, 1 would be out each year.  I like cross-district play the first 2 rounds then RPI - not sure what is happening next year. 

I feel like they should keep O and Graves together, SW and BG together, and keep them separated. Then you would have two good programs in each District. You also don’t have O and GC blowing every district team out of the water if they were alone. Gives more meaning to a District Championship. 

Closest 5A team is Muhlenberg. About an hour and a half away. I do know our school is losing numbers. I’m curious to see if we don’t fall to 4A at some point. Don’t think that’ll happen for a little while though. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 6:51 PM, gcbleedblue said:

Graves probably gets punished this week with a bye and with the 8 and 10 playing one another. But they have a chance to possibly move into the top 5 next week, when them and Owensboro square off. Big test for both teams.

Sorry, just pumped for that game! 

That will be a great chance for Graves. I hope they can come away with a win!