Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

What if that 6th grader turns out to be Mr. Football? The only difference is what year the athlete repeated.

There was a high level D1 QB in N. Ky. several years ago that repeated a middle school year. Nobody said much about it.

I agree to an extent. However, the difference is that repeat year happened well before developing into a D1 level QB. Not saying it's wrong, it just obviously isn't the same as a middle school kid repeating. 

1 minute ago, BlueKernels said:

I agree to an extent. However, the difference is that repeat year happened well before developing into a D1 level QB. Not saying it's wrong, it just obviously isn't the same as a middle school kid repeating. 

So the state should have told Cam he was too good to repeat a year? 

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

So the state should have told Cam he was too good to repeat a year? 

Of course not! In his rights to do so. Just think it is crazy to repeat for sports reasons and the rule should have been geared towards those who really struggled academically. But, the rule allows anyone who's district/school allows it, so it is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree. I do believe as someone else posted earlier all this talk is CCH fans worried they might lose this one and building in excuses pre-game.

As a Beechwood fan before any other team I feel the same way. 

28 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

What if that 6th grader turns out to be Mr. Football? The only difference is what year the athlete repeated.

There was a high level D1 QB in N. Ky. several years ago that repeated a middle school year. Nobody said much about it.

There are 19 year olds playing high school sports every year. Most you have no idea about. If Hergott had stayed back in 5th grade, or even started school a year later, this wouldn't even be a discussion. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

Of course not! In his rights to do so. Just think it is crazy to repeat for sports reasons and the rule should have been geared towards those who really struggled academically. But, the rule allows anyone who's district/school allows it, so it is what it is. 

How do you define struggle? What about an A student who got B's last year?  Or even an A+ student who got A-. Those numbers could make a big difference in where a kid goes to college.