Covington Catholic at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Beechwood
    • Covington Catholic

I was listening to 1530 this afternoon (Cincy 360) and found out that Thom Brennaman and Tony Pike will be calling the game for ChatterBoxSports.com. I also heard them say that this game will be free and not require a subscription. They did say they anticipate 7 thousand fans which I have no idea where 7k fans would fit at Beechwood so I assuming that’s a guesstimate. I am pumped to watch this game and like I said earlier hope both teams come out of it with no injuries. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a game tonight between CCH and Beechwood. 

Wow, in the 14 minutes between the post you quoted and your own post, you were able to check with every single Beechwood parent to see whether or not they had said that? Color me impressed!

7on7 isn't a scrimmage. It's a glorified "hey let's toss the football in the yard". CCH and SK played in a real-game simulation scrimmage for 3 quarters. If you wanna talk about 7on7 you might as well

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

I was listening to 1530 this afternoon (Cincy 360) and found out that Thom Brennaman and Tony Pike will be calling the game for ChatterBoxSports.com. I also heard them say that this game will be free and not require a subscription. They did say they anticipate 7 thousand fans which I have no idea where 7k fans would fit at Beechwood so I assuming that’s a guesstimate. I am pumped to watch this game and like I said earlier hope both teams come out of it with no injuries. 

Free would be amazing.

Can anyone provide a specific link to the broadcast?

1 minute ago, theguru said:

Free would be amazing.

Can anyone provide a specific link to the broadcast?

If you log into chatterboxsports.com there is a link in the Live/Upcoming section but it doesn’t take you anywhere yet. I believe it will once we get to game day. There is also a pre-game show at 6:35 pm on Friday.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BWTigers said:

If you log into chatterboxsports.com there is a link in the Live/Upcoming section but it doesn’t take you anywhere yet. I believe it will once we get to game day. There is also a pre-game show at 6:35 pm on Friday.

Thanks, we will all have to stay on it Friday.

The sad thing about this whole thread is Beechwood has a ton of talent.  The only person people are talking about is a player that already walked in graduation.   Best player and biggest difference maker is the Berger kid.  He is a game changer.  Cam is as good as he is because the plays are called to make him shine. Not his teammates.  That’s reality.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, YOUTH2019 said:

The sad thing about this whole thread is Beechwood has a ton of talent.  The only person people are talking about is a player that already walked in graduation.   Best player and biggest difference maker is the Berger kid.  He is a game changer.  Cam is as good as he is because the plays are called to make him shine. Not his teammates.  That’s reality.  

If I'm offensive coordinator and have KY Mr. Football on my team. Good chance most of my play calls going to go through him especially being QB. Not surprising that plays would be called that make him shine.

• Like 3
On 9/14/2021 at 4:53 PM, BlueKernels said:

Believe what you want. That came directly from a current Beechwood football parent. I offered up that insight in relation to another comment on the large number of Beechwood players repeating a year. Which, like it or not, is a huge advantage for Beechwood's team and will continue to be so for the next few years. It is completely the perogative of the parent's to choose to take advantage of the new rule, but there should be no problem with discussing how it will impact the level of success of the team moving forward. 

You must not have understood the parent correctly. I can tell you that DID NOT happen. In fact Coach Rash was influencing his players to move on if they could. Rash did not have and influence over the decision that families made to let their kids stay. Maybe if Cov Cath parents didn't have to pay 10k+ per year, they might have considered sending their kids back another year. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Bucketgetter said:

You must not have understood the parent correctly. I can tell you that DID NOT happen. In fact Coach Rash was influencing his players to move on if they could. Rash did not have and influence over the decision that families made to let their kids stay. Maybe if Cov Cath parents didn't have to pay 10k+ per year, they might have considered sending their kids back another year. 

There was no misunderstanding, but sure, whatever you say. Beechwood has by far I believe the most repeating football players in NKY. Maybe most parents across the board just want their kids to move on with life and not sacrifice a year for the chance to be a h.s. Football/sports superstar. 

Anyway… if CCH can keep Cam in the mostly in the  pocket and throw from there I think they win 28-24.

23 minutes ago, BlueKernels said:

There was no misunderstanding, but sure, whatever you say. Beechwood has by far I believe the most repeating football players in NKY. Maybe most parents across the board just want their kids to move on with life and not sacrifice a year for the chance to be a h.s. Football/sports superstar. 

Anyway… if CCH can keep Cam in the mostly in the  pocket and throw from there I think they win 28-24.

Not sure High School sports superstar is the peak of their concern. If you look at each player reclassifying and look at their GPAs and ACT scores, you could see it being beneficial for some of them to return. 

Anyway..... cam is a better pocket passer than he is credited for. Beechwood 35 Colonels 21.

4 hours ago, Bucketgetter said:

CCH parents did not have that choice. The Diocese of Covington would not allow it. 

I know there is a bye week in between, but CovCath/Dixie back to back. One thing I've always loved about Rash is they will hop on the bus and see how they stack up against just about anyone who calls! 

• Like 1

I am going to say 24-14 Beechwood. 

I think Beechwood gets the win. It could be 17-14 or 24-21, but the final score should be somewhere in that range. I will be surprised if Beechwood scores more than 28. I will be surprised if Cov Cath scores more than 21. 

• Like 1